• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    So, I got pulled over for the first time in a long time today. It was totally and completely my fault. I was riding my motorcycle very brashly making my way from work to school for a test. I saw the officer after I had made a questionable lane change. I checked my mirror, and sure enough he came off the shoulder. I pulled immediately to the right, removed my helmet and backpack, and got my paperwork out before he even pulled behind me.

He asked me why I was in a rush, and I was flat out honest. Worked a little longer than I expected, traffic was a little heavier than I expected, and I had a test in my electrical theory class that I didn't want to be late for.He looks at my paperwork, then checks over my bike. He says hang tight, it's gonna be a few minutes. A few minutes go by, and he returns. With a fix-it ticket for my cracked left hand mirror (rock hit). He tells me it's my lucky day, explains how to have the ticket disappear, tells me to slow down, heads back to his car, and pulls away. I was less than 5 minutes late to class.

Thanks dude for your understanding, I know you had me by the short and curlies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought you were going to say he came back and made some comment about your prior incident and started writing tickets. Glad you got off easy.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I thought you were going to say he came back and made some comment about your prior incident and started writing tickets. Glad you got off easy.

I was terrified of this exact outcome. In the few times I've been pulled over since then, I'm always worried I'm gonna get that one cop that will be a jerk. It hasn't happened yet.

I think he should have tazed you.:D

donttasemebro.jpg

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    I think the officer handled that well. Problem of a speeding motorist was solved just as effectively as writing a ticket. Some departments use tickets as an unwritten tax to generate revenue. I hate that argument.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wait a minute, mirrors on motorcycles are not required in this state.

But since its broke, you have to fix it?

FIGHT IT

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Oh. I see. I'm supposed to fulfill the stereotype of sportsbikers and yank up my plate and speed away from the police. I mean, why wouldn't I want to endanger my life and the life of others with a high speed pursuit on public highways.

Also, perhaps you missed the part I mentioned about very heavy traffic?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Oh. I see. I'm supposed to fulfill the stereotype of sportsbikers and yank up my plate and speed away from the police. I mean, why wouldn't I want to endanger my life and the life of others with a high speed pursuit on public highways.

Also, perhaps you missed the part I mentioned about very heavy traffic?

Oh so if it wasn't heavy traffic you would have?

Like you, im honest with the LEO when I get stopped. Don't know if it helps or not, but I feel better about it..

Top Bottom