• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    It was a good weekend for gun shopping, I acquired 4 more 22 rifles for my collection, two of which I have been searching years for. The top one is an H&R 550 "Pal" it caught my eye because of the shortened and threaded 17" barrel. I figure I can either suppress it or, I can get a full size barrel from Numrich if I choose to. The second one is a 1980's Rossi 62, this has been on my "want" list for a long time. It's in good condition and hasn't disappointed me so far. Next is 1930's Springfield Model 56, it was cheap and cool so it came home with me too. But the bolt is jacked up so it's on the Dead-line list for now. The last is one I have spent several years looking for, it's a Marlin Model 101 Crown Prince, this is a special edition Model 101 single shot 22. Marlin made about 7100 of them in 1959, then they dropped the "Crown Prince" name. It needs a little work but I'm happy with it. IMG_5770.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Does the Rossi have the interarms import mark. Some were interarms imports and others came after they had an office in the USA.

I have a Springfield 56 and a nice older model 15.

Those crown princes shoot well.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Does the Rossi have the interarms import mark. Some were interarms imports and others came after they had an office in the USA.

I have a Springfield 56 and a nice older model 15.

Those crown princes shoot well.
    The Rossi is an Interarms import made in Brazil. I talked with the shop that sold me the Springfield 56, they guarantee all of their used guns for function and parts for 1 year. So their going to fix it on their dime, I wasn't expecting that. And I agree with you comment regarding the Crown Prince, it is a sweet shooter.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The inter arms import Rossi’s were made well.

something changed a bit when they got a USA distribution themselves. I think the something would bend a bit and became hard to pump. Those will not have the inter arms mark on them.

If I remember correctly from my old inter arms fan friend rossi tended to buy the old line right from a manufacturer and move it to Brazil. I have a model 66 and model 60 copy that he had told me were made on the same machines smith used before they changed a dash mark. Rossi bought to old line and moved it to Brazil and made them for police as Brazil has some weird laws with imports to make Brazil great again on manufacturing.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That's the 3rd ever Mannlicher style 10/22 I've seen.
    I had one. Sorry about the image, I'm a terrible photographer! A forum member here traded me for a Henry Golden Boy 22LR. I don't regret that trade, but kind of wish I'd kept the Ruger and bought the Henry.

It was an absolutely beautiful piece. I scoped it with a matching stainless Simmons 3x9 scope. Not high end on the optics, but it was a really accurate and fun setup. Just a neat WWI European look that I really liked.

This setup in a bolt action would take my $$ in a blink.

1635989352028.png

Last edited:

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    The inter arms import Rossi’s were made well.

something changed a bit when they got a USA distribution themselves. I think the something would bend a bit and became hard to pump. Those will not have the inter arms mark on them.

If I remember correctly from my old inter arms fan friend rossi tended to buy the old line right from a manufacturer and move it to Brazil. I have a model 66 and model 60 copy that he had told me were made on the same machines smith used before they changed a dash mark. Rossi bought to old line and moved it to Brazil and made them for police as Brazil has some weird laws with imports to make Brazil great again on manufacturing.
    I had a Model 66 years ago, I traded it or sold it can’t remember which. But it was solid and accurate. Just one of many guns I regret getting rid of.

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    That Crown Prince is a sweet little gun. I had a family member that bought one (with the Marlin marked scope!) new when he was a kid and he grew up shooting everything with it. His longest shot with it was a 130 yard kill on a woodchuck and it still drives tacks today.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom