• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I recently introduced my daughter to fishing and she decided she likes it provided 1) we catch fish we can eat and 2) we stay on the land (our one attempt in a canoe ended up with the canoe tipping and both of us in the water).

I've been to Eagle Creek, with mixed results. Anybody got any other suggestions?

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    If you want something real fun to catch (but not eat) go to the canal in Broad Ripple and use corn. You can get some really big carp.

You can also go to Harrison state park and catch small bluegill all day long on hotdogs.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know you'd rather eat than catch and release, but just in case you want to have some fun fun, there's a spot in Indy on the white River I love to go. Its off West Washington street right next to the GM plant. You take White River Parkway under Washington right up to the turn-around in front of the GM plant. Right there are some falls on the river made by what looks to be an old bridge they destroyed. You can drive down the hill across from the plant and either go left or right. I fish to the left under the first bridge. Use Chicken Liver and you can catch monster Catfish all day long. Can't catch much on fake-bait, but if you're good you can jig some nice Bass out of the lower part of the falls. Again, don't eat these fish unless you have AFLAC and like to be bed ridden... But it's so much fun to pull out an 18-20lbs Catfish....

Top Bottom