• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    I know Michigan honors Indiana's LTCH, and is a notify state, but my question is how do you have to carry in Michigan with a Indiana LTCH? Specifically in your vehicle.

I carry a Taurus PT92 AFS, and have a Remora IWB. I also have a Fobus holster attached to my center console. I put the gun in the Fobus on longer trips for comfort, and ease of access.

Do I have to carry concealed within the vehicle in Michigan?

I searched and couldn't find the answer here, or with google.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This should get you started.

Handgunlaw.us

Open Carry (Without A Valid Permit/License)
    Open Carry is legal with restrictions. You must have a valid permit/license to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle in Michigan. For Residents of Michigan without a CPL you must carry a firearm registered to you. For Non Residents if you do not have a permit/license from your state of residents Concealed and/or Open Carry is not an option for you. Places as listed in the “Places Off Limits” above may not apply to those who open carry. (See state orgs for more information on places off limits when open carrying) Those who Open Carry without a valid Permit/License to Carry “Can’t” carry on the property of businesses that sell Alcohol and this includes Grocery Stores that sell alcohol. When open carrying, be prepared for Police Officers to question you as open carrying firearm may get their attention. Open Carry is common in Michigan more so in the rural areas. See the “RV/Car Carry Without a Permit” section for carrying in a vehicle.
    www.handgunlaw.us 9

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I know Michigan honors Indiana's LTCH, and is a notify state, but my question is how do you have to carry in Michigan with a Indiana LTCH? Specifically in your vehicle.

I carry a Taurus PT92 AFS, and have a Remora IWB. I also have a Fobus holster attached to my center console. I put the gun in the Fobus on longer trips for comfort, and ease of access.

Do I have to carry concealed within the vehicle in Michigan?

I searched and couldn't find the answer here, or with google.
    I've never heard of this before, what's that mean? Do you have to notify the state police you're carrying and have a valid permit once you enter the state or notify the officer you're carrying when you get pulled over? Sorry, just a quick question.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've never heard of this before, what's that mean? Do you have to notify the state police you're carrying and have a valid permit once you enter the state or notify the officer you're carrying when you get pulled over? Sorry, just a quick question.
    If you come in contact with LEO you must notify immediately.

Top Bottom