• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Where can I get a complete springs kit for my Glocks? I have a model 23 that sounds like it is getting a little loose and even though it does not need anything right now I want to have a rebuild kit in case anything does happen. Also how often should I replace the springs?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1) A complete spring kit? There are only 5 springs in the gun, and of those, only two of them (the recoil spring and mag spring) are known to go bad with use.

2) What does a Glock sound like when it's "getting loose"? Your G23 was built loose to begin with!

3) Replace the recoil spring when something breaks, or you start having failures to go into battery, or at 5000 rounds, whichever comes first. Replace the mag springs when you start having failures to feed, or if the gun won't lock open on empty with that particular magazine.

4) Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page for all your Glock part needs

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    It may have been built loose but after several thousand rounds you can tell the recoil spring is weakening. Now maybe not so bad it needs replaced but if you rely on it for protection I am not waiting on it to break before I go huh now I need to fix it. I don't think someone trying to do me harm would say oh hold on I will stop while you fix your gun. I do appreciate the help though on the 5000 round recomendation. I also can tell if the gun has loosened up because I own a couple of Glocks and you can tell.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I changed springs in one with a brownells "competition" kit. it was ?$14? shipped and came with springs to lighten the trigger pull.

glocks are supposed to be "loose" so they can run without cleaning.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Now maybe not so bad it needs replaced but if you rely on it for protection I am not waiting on it to break before I go huh now I need to fix it. I don't think someone trying to do me harm would say oh hold on I will stop while you fix your gun.

That's why it's a good idea to shoot a bunch at the range, so that problems show up there instead of on the street. 5000 rounds is just a SWAG; I've seen Glocks go much longer - and shorter - intervals before needing a new recoil assembly.

My point is, don't lose sleep over it. Either shoot it until something fails, or pick an arbitrary number that makes you feel good and replace it at that interval whether it needs it or not. Don't forget to keep a logbook or at least an approximate round count as well.

Top Bottom