• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just recently bought a kimber tactical warrior, series 1 at Elmore's...I love it and shoots like a champ. I do believe they and another series 1 just like mine but with a tan grip...

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have 5 Glocks and can't see ever carrying anything else. But I do have a Springfield l like and have plans for a Colt someday. I don't ever see me owning a Kimber though.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Which ever one trips your trigger. Either one will be a great gun. I have 3 Kimbers so I tend towards those, and my Kimber TLE Custom II is a sweet shooter. I will own a Colt one day, just cause of the history of Colt 1911's :draw:

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    well guy just got a kimber, what ya think ? pretty

picture.php

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    It is not fair to condemn a brand because of one gun, but, my Colt is the only 1911 I have that dissapointed me, it's ok now, but it took some work. I have a Rock Island that for considerably less money was a better gun in every respect, fit, finish, function, and accuracy. I have full size and a compact Kimbers that have both been very good guns. My favorites though, are my Dan Wessons.
    Bobtail Commander.
    IMG_0316.jpg

And CCO, commander length, officers frame.
    IMG_0161.jpg

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I'm not a fan of the Glock but that's pretty much a given with most that like the 1911. To me the Glocks seem cheap and bulky. Granted they are much cheaper than any 1911 and seem to be very reliable.

You've made a good choice going with the Kimber though. You can't beat a true custom 1911. Most standard Colts and standard 1911s from other manufactures do need some minor working in but other than that I've never had any real issues with any of the ones I've used or owned. I have a low serial number 70 series Combat Commander that I've put through hell and back and it looks it, it still work just fine. Round count is off the chart and still snaps paint sticks in half at 40 yards. I'm about to send it off to be rebuilt for the first time as soon as I find a good replacement for it.

Top Bottom