• ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Hey, INGOers!

Just got back from completing my Glock Armorer re-cert. Learned new stuff as always, this time it was primarily related to the internal part changes on the Gen4 pistols. The new PowerPoint animations showing how the internal parts interact are also very good. I did pick up a few tidbits that y'all might be interested in hearing:

1) Glock will be unveiling two new guns at SHOT 2014 in January. The instructor, Lynn Freshly, did not specifically say they were *pistols*. Read into that what you will. He said he had handled both and they were "good guns". He also said "stay tuned" regarding Glock pistols in .380. No indication whether Glock plans to produce the 25 and 28 in the USA for the commercial market, or whether one of the new guns will be an entirely different model in that caliber.

2) Glock factory threaded barrels will be available as a regular production item after the first of the year.

3) A change to the trigger spring design will take place in the near future.

4) There is no physical difference between USA-made and Austrian-made Glock pistols, other than the markings. The ones made here are made on the *exact* same machinery and with the same quality as those made in Austria. For awhile, almost the entirety of USA-produced Glock pistols were being exported, and we were getting Austrian guns. Go figure.

5) As much as GlockTalk members might like to take credit for it, the official request for the Model 30S originated with the LAPD SIS (Special Investigative Service) division - the same guys who had a Kimber 1911 made for them several years ago.

6) Glock has not used the Tenifer process on their slides since 2011. Since then, they have used "nitration," which involves the use of gases rather than chemicals to regulate the treating process, giving a more consistent end result.

7) I find it interesting that every time I have taken the Armorers Course (5 times now; roughly every 3 years since 1999), there has been a different instructor and a different Regional Manager. Seems like Glock chews up employees and spits them out at a pretty fast rate.

FWIW.

Great information!!!!!

redhawk34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Shooter,

Great updates from the recent Glock Armoror recert class. Looking forward to the new releases.

It got me thinking, hey, here's a Glock Armorer and an INGO site supporter in the Indy area, and I will be needing one in the near future. PM me with your contact info so I can provide details of our upcoming needs. Thanks.

RedHawk34

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would pay 1200 bucks for a glock carbine in 9mm RIGHT NOW if they had one worth a damn on the market. I think that's a HUGE market share they are giving up and hope to see something like this come out next year.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Do they offer the class for anybody who is willing to pay? I would be interested in taking it myself.
    I am a GSSF Member. I did the class almost 2 years ago and can't wait for the next one. I had a few Glocks and thought it would be cool. It was the best money I spent. The GSSF magazine is worth the fees. I also like that if you sign up for 2 years you get a coupon for any Glock Blue label pistol at LE pricing...

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    That's great. I signed up a few weeks ago and am still waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail!

Top Bottom