Glock Advantage arms covertion vs M&P 22 compact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would like to have an alternative training gun to my G19, I'm trying to determine was is the most logical route an or the most cost efficient. What would Ingo recommend?

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I have two Advantage Arms conversion kits. One for my gen2 19 and one for full size (31, 34 and 35) frames. I like being able to practice with my actual pistols and getting trigger time for familiarity. My kits run great with the Remington Golden Bullets that are recommended as long as I keep them well oiled (again as recommended). What I do not like is the lack of weight (it feels "toy-like") and the lack of recoil for realism. Those are my primary complaints. They are a great way to introduce new shooters and new Glock shooters to shooting without excess noise and recoil. Overall, I like my kits and would buy them again although I tend to shoot my other .22 pistols and revolvers when I want to plink.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have two Advantage Arms conversion kits. One for my gen2 19 and one for full size (31, 34 and 35) frames. I like being able to practice with my actual pistols and getting trigger time for familiarity. My kits run great with the Remington Golden Bullets that are recommended as long as I keep them well oiled (again as recommended). What I do not like is the lack of weight (it feels "toy-like") and the lack of recoil for realism. Those are my primary complaints. They are a great way to introduce new shooters and new Glock shooters to shooting without excess noise and recoil. Overall, I like my kits and would buy them again although I tend to shoot my other .22 pistols and revolvers when I want to plink.

I also have an AA kit for my Glock 19. I used to also have one for my 26 but sold that one.

I like the kit for the same reasons. It is the closest to simulating what I would be carrying. They run well with the recommended ammo. I use Remington Golden Bullet.

I bought a bunch of extra maga for mine from Cal's Armory for cheap, but I believe they are out of business now.

If I was carrying an M&P, I would have gone with the M&P 22 but it didn't make sense for me carrying Glocks.
    I even took a training class using my AA kit, for the first half of the course. Holster compatibility is also plus.

When I go to the range, I'll have one frame setup with the AA kit and another with the standard 9mm slide so I can switch back and forth without needing to switch slides in the middle of a session. I find it settles me down and gets me working on my mechanics better when I start with the 22.

Just remember for the 17 or 19 kit, you need to get the version that fits your gun, ie either Gen 3 or 4.

Top Bottom