• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    So I picked up this Glock 48/MOS along with a new holosun optic sight back in April 2021 in a trade. It has been in the safe since then but thinking about getting the holosun put on and maybe carry it some.
    My question is I have purchased some of the Gen 2 Shield Arms 15 rd mags. If I don't run those in and out (use the 10 rounders at the range) would it be OK to carry it with the shield arms and not put the alternate mag release in the gun? I have researched it some, but haven't seen anything definitive about the mag situation
    Any thoughts, advice or otherwise

Thanks INGO

IMG_3600.jpg

Sorry Mods probably should have put this in the handgun thread. Move it if necessay

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I would stick with the factory OEM 10 rd mags. That said if you really want the shield then stick with them and the metal mag release.

Here is what I have seen in countless matches in general and specifically with the 48 and 43X on a range I work.

The shield mags work most of the time. But they do hiccup more than any OEM Glock mag. So there’s that. The other is anytime I see a Glock fail (or anything But Glock is probably the most modified gun) it’s aftermarket parts Mags, recoil springs/guide rods triggers or YouTube trigger jobs. Trust me if Glock could have made a 15 rd mag that worked for a G 48 or 43X they would have.

Good luck

Top Bottom