• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Get a Glock 26. It's the perfect back up to your Glock 19. After that, buy a Glock 17. Your G19 would be the perfect back up for that.

Then, when you're ready for another .45, look into the Glock 30s.

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I had a 36 and sold it to a member her with full disclosure about FTF and stove-piping. This happened several times with different, quality carry ammo (Gold Dots, HSTs, Rangers.) I had 3-4 failures in the first 100 rounds. That's way too high of a percentage for a carry gun. The 26 (and 27) are sweet guns - super accurate and dependable.

Ditto on the Glock 36. If you get a good one great, but I had the same experience with function as the gentleman above and as I found out that is not uncommon. That one and their mags are a different model from other glocks. Have a Gen 1 26, 3000 rds perfect function since I bought one when they first came out long time ago. My kids will get the 26 when my mind goes.........

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Which one!?
    I've had a 26 and traded it for a xds which I ended up getting rid of. I regret trading the 26.
    I currently have a 36, and its sweet to carry and alright to shoot, but I just am not thrilled about always having to have an extra mag on me. Also the 36 isn't much smaller than my 19. And that brings me to my dilemma, I have many mags for my 19 but only 3 for my 36, I loved the fact that the 26 uses the 19 and 17 mags.
    My thinking is , sell/trade the 36 and get a gen 4 26, then later buy a 4in 1911 for my only 45acp as I am kind of done with poly 45's
    Thoughts?
    :ingo:

If by any chance you want to get rid of your G36 for a Springfield Range Officer 1911... let me know! ;-)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Keep the 36, because it's '10 more'! :laugh:

Actually, the OP already answered his own question. Had a 26, regretted selling it, now wants another. Kind of a 'Well, duh' thing, there.

As for the Wilson Combat, nice guns, to be sure. But JMO, if buying it takes more than 3% - 5% of the current checking account balance, it's not a good purchase. Throwing that kinda :spend: on something that doesn't shoot any better and isn't any more durable seems like a fool's errand.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Ditto on the Glock 36. If you get a good one great, but I had the same experience with function as the gentleman above and as I found out that is not uncommon. That one and their mags are a different model from other glocks. Have a Gen 1 26, 3000 rds perfect function since I bought one when they first came out long time ago. My kids will get the 26 when my mind goes.........
    Gentleman! I resent that. I'm trying to project an image of a big, bad mfer. That's why someday I want the following stickers on my truck rear window: 26-2, 5th Special Forces, Glock, "I love bare knuckle boxing," and "I like naked Rotweiller wrestling."

Top Bottom