• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NorthLiberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Since it is legal to own full auto rifles is it also legal to own full auto Glock? Having a difficult time finding them for sale and have wandered what the price would be on something like that.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I assume you are refferring to a pre-86 Glock 18.

I'm not to sure what years they were starting to be made, but even if you do so happen to find one the price will be worth a car.
    However, if you become a class 3 dealer, you can get a post sample, and own all the Glock 18's you can afford assuming you get all the paperwork to back it up.
    Feel free to correct me anyone.
    May I suggest a transfereable DIAS or Lightning for the AR, or a transferable UZI?
    If you don't have alot of cash, the Mac11 might be a good option if you really want a pistol.

BTW this belongs in the NFA thread not the Handgun thread
    :patriot:

:welcome:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    However, if you become a class 3 dealer, you can get a post sample, and own all the Glock 18's you can afford assuming you get all the paperwork to back it up.

OK. ;)

Glock Inc. tightly controls all sales of the G18. They are pretty much agency direct, and even then, the agency has to demonstrate a "need" for the gun(s) before Glock will sell. It hasn't always been that way, so there are some post-86 G18s out there in the hands of individual Class 3 dealers. When they come up for sale (only to other dealers, of course), they routinely go for about $3000.

There are NO pre-86 transferable G18s in the registry.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have yet to see a Pre-86 Dealer sample. I do see Post-86 dealer samples every few months they run anywhere from $400-$2000. As above I don't think there ever were transferable models but only the ATF would know for sure.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I assume you are refferring to a pre-86 Glock 18.

I'm not to sure what years they were starting to be made, but even if you do so happen to find one the price will be worth a car.

The BATFE generally allows 01/class 3 FFLs to own no more than two samples of any one type of post sample.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The part about the G18 that pisses me off to no end is the price. LE Depts. pay less than a thousand bucks for G18's. A friend of mine is a Glock armorer for his dept. and he told me what they go for as soon as he found out. I damn near hit the floor. It makes sense, but I just wasn't expecting it. They are fun, though...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It makes sense, but I just wasn't expecting it.

Why not? Bushmaster and Colt don't charge LE agencies any more for a select-fire M4 than they charge individual citizens or officers for a semi-auto version, yet a transferable M16 runs about 10x that. Supply and demand at work. It sucks, but it is what it is. :xmad:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I guess I just wanted my ego stroked. This bastard child friend of mine can get his grubby paws on a cool toy and I can't. AND he can do it on the cheap! It just aint fair:tantrum:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I guess I just wanted my ego stroked. This bastard child friend of mine can get his grubby paws on a cool toy and I can't. AND he can do it on the cheap! It just aint fair:tantrum:

You must introduce me to this friend, and we must shoot his toys. The G18 is on my "gotta try it once" list, but I don't want to pay the $$ or wait in the line at Knob Creek for the privilege. ;)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I fought the line at Knob Creek and shot one! I am a bit of a practical type, so I didnt like it. Despite what they say about cyclic rate and controllability, the thing was all over the place, even with controlled burst. I tried my best with the 33 rounder they let me spray and didnt like it at all. The target was at 25m, not terribly far, but the high rate of fire ended up having half the rounds above the target. Lots of "head" hits, but not too many body hits. Would be a great contact or 7m gun, but outside of that, its just an ammo wasting G17. I would prefer a G17 over a G18 anyday.

Not saying a machine pistol isnt practical, but it doesnt make sense for anything I would need or want it for. MY two cents.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    You gots to hold your gat all side wayz. Its like a drive by while standin' still, yo! Datz what a G18 s'all about.

I would expect shooting a G18 would mirror my shooting an AK-47, but in pistol form. It was fun to rock and roll a couple mags, but it really isn't practical to anything I see myself doing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

It absolutely is not fair, I agree. The police should be subject to the same rules as everyone else.

But those things are fun. I was surprised by how easy it was to control compared to what I expected.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I shot one last year, when the "Glock guy" came over for demo day. It was a lot of fun and the department price was around $480 with steel sights.

He drought along two and a five gallon bucket of water and we shoot all day long. The reason for the trip was to demo 45's not the G18.

iujeffcpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    South Bend, IN
    Maybe I'm just a little confused here but I don't get the need to shoot a full auto hand gun. I can see a high capacity AR. Not only just shooting it but there is no way I would pay that kind of money on a handgun when I can get a full length rifle for as much or less.

Don't get me wrong FA "rocks" and it would be cool to shoot but I wouldn't care to own one.

to each his own I guess...

Top Bottom