• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the response.
    The thing is, I've just had these in my safe for a long time, before Obama in fact. I never suspected that 22s would be impossible to find. So I'm looking at the current frenzy thinking, why not sell these instead of just holding on to them. I did not buy them to resell them. I just have a small stockpile from back in day when I use to have time to shoot.

I just don't get why some seem to think it'd be a bad thing for me to sell these for what I can get for them.
    I wouldn't consider that flipping. It's just selling when the demand is high. I consider it a public service to get these to someone who can use them. Why should I sell them cheap. That would make me a chump.

So anyway. I'll be putting these up sometime this week.

You don't need my approval, but I see no issue with that. That is capitalism which the last time I checked, that was the system that America does commerce with. I built an AR pre-panic and sold it during the panic. I sold it at a price below the prices at the time so the guy got a decent deal considering the timing. And yes I made money on it.

Sound stock investing is based on buying low and selling high. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Even flipping is just taking advantage of an opportunity. Some of these guys may be trying to make money to pay heat bills or put food on their table. I won't buy from one because it is not essential(plus I'm cheap:)) for me to have ammunition, but for some it is vital. I don't like that they are buying it all up and I can't find it, but that's my problem. Eventually the market will equalize and product will be available and the flipping will not be as profitable anymore. And what goes around, comes around. If some of these "flippers" bought a lot and the market stabilizes, they to will be stuck with product they can't turn and they will have to take a loss or just shoot it.

Oh and I am slowly building an inventory of 30-round P-Mags. If we have another panic, you can bet I will be selling some off for a profit. If I can buy them now for $10 and during a panic sell them for $35 when the going price is $45, I am below the market and I still make good profit. If I sell 20, I make enough to buy another gun. Or take some training classes. Plus some people get mags. It's all good for everyone.

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I haven't really been in the .22 game for a few years, so i haven't been effected by the shortage too much. But i recently restored an old Savage/Steves .22 that was my dads...i got a replacement extractor in the mail Saturday, installed it, and now its good to go. The only problem is i cant find .22 anywhere to test fire the d*** thing to even see if it functions :xmad:

Mackey, sent you a PM...im in Harrison/Floyd so maybe we can work something out when you put yours up for sale

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I more or less gave up. I only shoot .22short on my property, too close to my neighbors. My parents field I can shoot centerfire, but I just don't tend to want to make a trip out of it. So, I just quit shooting.

I have found a couple boxes here n there, and MidwayUSA is taking backorders again, so I do have a thousand .22shorts on backorder with them, and I have about 30rds left from the last box I found a few months ago. But I don't actively look for it anymore. If I'm near a store and have time I'll look. But, no longer making a weekly trip to come home empty handed.

I do reload, and have been loading quite a few rounds in the past year but haven't been out to shoot much, maybe a quarter of what I've loaded.

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    The manufacturers will catch up. And if they don't, then that means the market has expanded and it's not just the flippers. And if the market has truly expanded, the manufacturers will increase capacity.

This! I'm sitting on around 1,500 rounds. Haven't been shooting it nearly as much sadly. Hopefully soon the manufactures will catch up!

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    I have 4 bricks, haven't touched them. I've given up on finding it for now. I'm having more fun shooting pellet guns at about 1/4 the cost that 22 ever was.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I snatched up 1000 rounds of .22 today. $25/500 so not the greatest price but I don't see the prices coming down any time soon if ever. First time I've bought .22s since November of 2012, good thing too cause I've been going through it the past few months teaching my girlfriend to shoot handguns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom