• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich terrifies me. With all his iron-fisted ideas about "keeping us safe", and his refusal to be slowed down by the courts, he is foaming at the mouth to become a real-life dictator.

EXCLUSIVE: Former Bush Attorneys General Call Gingrich Position On Courts 'Dangerous'

"As president I would say, I would instruct the national security apparatus to ignore the three most Supreme Court decisions on terrorism and I would say those are null and void and have no binding effect on the United States and in fact as commander in chief I would not tolerate a federal judge risking the safety of the United States with some misguided interpretation," Gingrich said.

222428_226802467357262_165801456790697_579335_4990061_n.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How about the misguided interpretations of the second amendment??? I wonder if Newt would also agree to overlook all the violations of the second amendment as well and understand that the intent of the second was to protect we the people from those who want to be dictators in The United States of America???

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    as commander in chief I would not tolerate a federal judge...

Since when does being commander-in-chief give him any authority over a federal judge? That office is focused in the President's command of the military.

Unless that was his point?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Since when does being commander-in-chief give him any authority over a federal judge? That office is focused in the President's command of the military.

Unless that was his point?

Gingrich idolizes Lincoln, who issued a warrant for the arrest of the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court for writing a critical position on Lincoln's suspension of habeus corpus. Lincoln also had dozens of other congressmen, mayors, and elected officials imprisoned and deported, for disagreeing with him. :noway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    & thus y my vote is for Ron Paul & if he loses the R nomination & chooses not to run as an Independent or under a 3rd party I will vote for no one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Boy that Romney guy sure is looking pretty good right about now. You'd never catch him saying anything like this. :popcorn:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Boy that Romney guy sure is looking pretty good right about now. You'd never catch him saying anything like this. :popcorn:
    You're actually correct on this one. Romney does look a lot better than Gingrinch. Not as good as Huntsman, Paul or Johnson, but certainly better.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Gingrich idolizes Lincoln, who issued a warrant for the arrest of the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court for writing a critical position on Lincoln's suspension of habeus corpus. Lincoln also had dozens of other congressmen, mayors, and elected officials imprisoned and deported, for disagreeing with him. :noway:

Rambone goes for the throat but I like a no nonsense approach.

Somebody has to do it, right ??!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm going to vote for the candidate that has individual freedom and safety at the very back of his mind. My safety means nothing if my candidate isn't able to pad his bank account. Then again, my safety means nothing even if my candidate is able to pad his bank account. Please go out and vote for Newt. I want more war, less freedom, and I think Newt is the person that can do this so please help me by voting for Newt!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You're actually correct on this one. Romney does look a lot better than Gingrinch. Not as good as Huntsman, Paul or Johnson, but certainly better.
    The question is: Does Romney look better than Obama?

As far as Obamacare goes I do believe Romney has seen the light and will not push the issue on a national scale. But there is that whole mormon thing.
    (this mormon part is purple)

The whole thing i'm getting at is that if RP does'nt get the nod but Romney does then I would consider that option instead of just staying home.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The question is: Does Romney look better than Obama?

As far as Obamacare goes I do believe Romney has seen the light and will not push the issue on a national scale. But there is that whole mormon thing.
    (this mormon part is purple)

The whole thing i'm getting at is that if RP does'nt get the nod but Romney does then I would consider that option instead of just staying home.
    If I had to choose, I'd say that Romney would definitely wage a better campaign than Obama. He has more appeal towards the middle (where Gingrinch has none) and would be able to draw blue dogs away from the pack. Huntsman would do this even better, as would Johnson. Gingrinch would insure an Obama win.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If I had to choose, I'd say that Romney would definitely wage a better campaign than Obama. He has more appeal towards the middle (where Gingrinch has none) and would be able to draw blue dogs away from the pack. Huntsman would do this even better, as would Johnson. Gingrinch would insure an Obama win.
    I would have to say that I agree with that.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Oh?

[{ [citation needed] }]. Is your evidence cited in O'Reilly's book, "Killing Lincoln"?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think you guy's are missing the point! This was brought up in the debate last night.
    The comment that he made that was pointed out in the OP was'nt addressed specifically.

Seems to me that he does'nt want the Judiciary branch to become dictatorial (which I agree with) but he does want the Executive branch.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    From what I heard, what Gingrich is doing is calling for a return to the "three co-equal branches" of government, where political questions are settled by the representatives of the people (whether or not we are represented by the political class is a separate issue). The issue of calling Federal Judges to justify their decisions before Congress falls under the doctrine of Impeachment, as does the question of what jurisdictions the various Courts have - those are set by law, not by the Judges themselves.

As usual Rambone misses the point and gets hysterical over it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    From what I heard, what Gingrich is doing is calling for a return to the "three co-equal branches" of government, where political questions are settled by the representatives of the people (whether or not we are represented by the political class is a separate issue). The issue of calling Federal Judges to justify their decisions before Congress falls under the doctrine of Impeachment, as does the question of what jurisdictions the various Courts have - those are set by law, not by the Judges themselves.

As usual, nothing to see here folks, go back to sleep. :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    From what I heard, what Gingrich is doing is calling for a return to the "three co-equal branches" of government, where political questions are settled by the representatives of the people (whether or not we are represented by the political class is a separate issue).

"Our Founding Fathers believed that the Supreme Court was the weakest branch...

Clearly.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I don't know about you, but I donate $25.00 a month to the NRA & $25.00 a month to RonPaul2012. I think we all need to pony up the money. It is time to spend $$ to get what is right.

Top Bottom