• Status
    Not open for further replies.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Trail Dust Army Surplus store on the west side of Bloomington has CCI .22LR 50 rnds for 2.99 limit 3. The guy who owns the store said he thought it would be gone by this evening. Going fast. I stopped in at 3:30.

cyberibe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Gander FW had CCI MiniMag 22LR. limit 1 box per customer. Seemed to be around (30) 100 rnd boxes on the shelf

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Columbus Walmart has nada nothing. I was in town and stopped in and had a friendly chat. Told that they put it out at 8 and was told that they had issues with the pawn shop buying everything. Not sure if that still takes place. I'm guessing that is a tough location to get ammo.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I just drove home from Cleveland. Of course I had to check out Fin, Feather and Fur. They had loads of ammo in every caliber. Must have had 50 boxes of 400 round American Eagle 22 lr. $40.00 a box. Most other calibers were priced the same way. First time I ever left there empty handed.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just drove home from Cleveland. Of course I had to check out Fin, Feather and Fur. They had loads of ammo in every caliber. Must have had 50 boxes of 400 round American Eagle 22 lr. $40.00 a box. Most other calibers were priced the same way. First time I ever left there empty handed.

Ashland store???? I gotta stop everytime. Last time I was able to get federal bulk at 26.99

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Yes, right next to Grandpa's Cheese Barn. I did get some cheese and dip and guess I don't have much room to complain about the price of the ammo compared to what I paid for the cheese :)::):

jmb1031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    Ammo Ideas

Ok, so is it just that everyone who is able to buy some is just hoarding it or trying to resell it at 1000% mark up or what? I would love to go shooting, but I WILL NOT pay 10 times what the ammo would normally cost. I am now reaching out to family members in other less populated states to see if they have supplies where they live. Let's hope they can find me some.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I believe everyone involved is at fault for the ammo problems. Everyone from the manufacturers, gov't intrusiuon, dealers, private sellers to hoarders. I include myself as well. I quit competition shooting due to the ammo problems. I'm just gonna wait it out and hope it gets better.

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    No .303 British or 6.5x55 Swede... :( :):

But speaking of weird ammo... what is that 6.8 Fusion stuff that most Walmarts seem to have now? Is it really that popular a round that Walmart carries it? What's it for? AR's or something? :dunno:
    6.8 spc is basically an intermediate cartridge that was designed to fill the gap between the 5.56 and 7.62x51.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom