• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Go ahead I'm the bad guy. Sorry but I'm not. I post everyday when I see in stock and tell everyone about it!!! And like my ad says its not all mine. I didn't set the prices they are at right now sorry. I'm not just gonna give it away nor isy friend for someone else to take some were and sell it for going prices. As the ad states to it is OBO. So hang me if you want but I am not wrong n any way. Carry on to normal postings 8-)

I apologize, but I just do not see how you can justify your behavior. You are spending a significant amount of time checking all the Walmart stores in the Metro area, and buying your limit at every opportunity. You obviously have no intention to use the ammo or even hang on to it for future use.

I am sure the Indy guys appreciate your updates on where ammunition is available, but they would like it even more if you left it at the store for them to buy. It is exactly this kind of behavior that is prolonging the shortage. I find this practice immoral, not to mention that the BATFE would probably not approve of your activities as an amateur ammo dealer. If you aren't planning to shoot it, leave it on the shelf for someone who will.

I am having to miss the local IDPA match this weekend because I have been unable to find 9mm locally, so the subject is touchy for me.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Only stuff in stock online is going for .24 a round and more. I have found one where it is only 7 per round.....if the price holds. But that is for 3000 rounds

There are deals to be had you just have to be lucky and quick. I got an order into cabelas yesterday for 2500 rounds of .22lr and an order in at midway for 5000 rounds of .22lr. I paid considerably less than 10 cents around shipped to my door for both those orders.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow.....in stock, from Surplus Ammo......100 rounds CCI standard velocity target 22LR for $44.99.

Talk about price gouging.

I am making a list of the price gougers, I will never do business with them again.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are deals to be had you just have to be lucky and quick. I got an order into cabelas yesterday for 2500 rounds of .22lr and an order in at midway for 5000 rounds of .22lr. I paid considerably less than 10 cents around shipped to my door for both those orders.

I got my Midway in stock notice...immediately went to website...and already gone.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was able to get 5 boxes of Federal 223 at WalMart for $35 a box of 100...and I even asked the other 2 people waiting if they wanted one of them.

If anyone needs something in particular and I see it, I'll pick it up for cost and maybe 5-10% for time and gas.

This is like food stamps and Section 8....do you blame the people taking what they are "entitled" to or do you blame the government for paying it.... to each his own. I dont blame one for profiting...but I sure wish I had some ammo to shoot this weekend.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Like I told engalwood through pms. I have no problem with people selling for a profit. I would be lying if I said I hadnt done it. And I am not going to rehash the gouging debate. But I am not going to spend my time or effort to post deals here if they are just used to turn around and sell the ammo for profit. I think this thread serves as a great opportunity to share leads on hard to find ammo and should continue to be used for such purposes.
    And just to get back on topic natchezs has 9 and 22 in stock but their site is crashing.

Last edited:

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I apologize, but I just do not see how you can justify your behavior. You are spending a significant amount of time checking all the Walmart stores in the Metro area, and buying your limit at every opportunity. You obviously have no intention to use the ammo or even hang on to it for future use.

I am sure the Indy guys appreciate your updates on where ammunition is available, but they would like it even more if you left it at the store for them to buy. It is exactly this kind of behavior that is prolonging the shortage. I find this practice immoral, not to mention that the BATFE would probably not approve of your activities as an amateur ammo dealer. If you aren't planning to shoot it, leave it on the shelf for someone who will.

I am having to miss the local IDPA match this weekend because I have been unable to find 9mm locally, so the subject is touchy for me.

Hey, Elmore's in Greenwood had hollow point 9mm. Call them and see if it still in.that way you can still shoot.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was able to get 5 boxes of Federal 223 at WalMart for $35 a box of 100...and I even asked the other 2 people waiting if they wanted one of them.

If anyone needs something in particular and I see it, I'll pick it up for cost and maybe 5-10% for time and gas.

This is like food stamps and Section 8....do you blame the people taking what they are "entitled" to or do you blame the government for paying it.... to each his own. I dont blame one for profiting...but I sure wish I had some ammo to shoot this weekend.

I'm jealous of your awesome find :rockwoot:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Well since 3 of 6(kids) are in college, I travel all around to pick them up and ammo is out there. Portage are had some good buys. With the exception for .22 ammo, saw about 18 boxes of 7.62x39 didnt buy it since I dont shoot it maybe next time I will for trade and such.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Sorry the info you were given is incorrect. It was developed by a user on another site and he was getting too much traffic. Therefore he has password protected it for the time being.

Thanks for the info, sorry I was misinformed. Any idea when he is going to unprotect it with the password or if he is even going to?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom