• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I don't like the texture of the Gen 4 grip, much prefer the Gen 3. I have a Gen 3 22RTF and I don't like the texture on it either, so it's a safe queen. But that's just me, you need to try both before you buy.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    In all my years of buying guns I refused to buy a glock because they just felt like a chunk of wood in my hand. I recently gave in and traded for a gen4 Glock 27. I love this gun I like the 4 interchangeable grips including the beaver tail grips it came with. It shoots like a dream. While not having a lot of experience with Glocks I sure would recommend a gen 4 Glock 27.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I have a gen 3 26 and I love it mainly the size, have gen 4 19 as well I really like the oversized mag release and the fact that it comes with an extra mag. But it all depends on how it feels to you.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    this is the same decision i was faced with when i purchased mine. i ended up going with the gen4. i liked the variable back strap and the larger mag release. i havent had any issues with mine since i purchased about 2 years ago.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I tried both the Gen 4 and Gen 3 G26. The Gen 3 just felt better. I'm going to install the aftermarket extended mag release to solve that problem.

But I agree with the others - whatever shoots and feels better to you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I tried both the Gen 4 and Gen 3 G26. The Gen 3 just felt better. I'm going to install the aftermarket extended mag release to solve that problem.

But I agree with the others - whatever shoots and feels better to you.

Get the Vickers extended mag release if you are going to do that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's cheaper to buy the Glock extended mag release, and dehorn the edges with mr. dremel.

Yep, and I still like the Vickers :rockwoot:and I didn't have to add the Dremel to my bill. Yeah, I know, everyone owns a Dremel, but I don't. If I did, I'd probably just start dremeling stuff that did not need it.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I personally thought the same as the OP, debating about a Gen 3 17 or a gen 4 17. I liked the texture of the gen 3 better, but i have short thumbs and couldn't reach the mag release that well. But the gen 4 was a perfect fit for my hand, plus i like the mag release better on the gen 4. I had a gen 3 26 and it was a good gun, just didnt like the mag release.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I personally thought the same as the OP, debating about a Gen 3 17 or a gen 4 17. I liked the texture of the gen 3 better, but i have short thumbs and couldn't reach the mag release that well. But the gen 4 was a perfect fit for my hand, plus i like the mag release better on the gen 4. I had a gen 3 26 and it was a good gun, just didnt like the mag release.

I have a Gen 3 26 and love it, but you're right. The mag release sucks. I have big hands and still can't get it to work right.

I'm buying an aftermarket extended mag release.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Anybody know if any of the Gen 3s were being made in Georgia, or is that a Gen 4 only facility? I'm not sure how long they've been up and running. I'm looking for an American made 19, just not sure if that means I have to go Gen 4.

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I personally always liked glocks but couldn't shoot them comfortably bc of the grip. The grip reduction in the gen 4's was perfect for me. I now own a gen4 19 and gen4 34.

MangoIN5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2013
    Clinton County
    Much like others are saying I prefer the feel of the 4 and that feel over the 3 in my case is due to the bevertail. The extra may makes up the difference in price.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Anybody know if any of the Gen 3s were being made in Georgia, or is that a Gen 4 only facility? I'm not sure how long they've been up and running. I'm looking for an American made 19, just not sure if that means I have to go Gen 4.

I had a USA marked G19 Gen 3 earlier this year but sold it for a Gen 4.

Top Bottom