• USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    We in trouble now.

Gates Calls for Cuts to High-Tech Weapons Programs - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Gates said his $534 billion budget proposal represents a "fundamental overhaul" in defense acquisition and reflects a shift in priorities from fighting conventional wars to the newer threats U.S. forces face from insurgents in places such as Afghanistan.

Then I read another article from CBS

Unlike the guerrilla forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, who employed mostly hit-and-run tactics, the Hezbollah fighters held their ground against Israeli forces in battles that stretched as long as 12 hours. They were able to eavesdrop on Israeli communications and even struck an Israeli ship with a cruise missile.

"Short" Israeli War Stokes Pentagon Debate - CBS News

Then you factor North Korea and China we better not forget how to fight a conventional war.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Gates said his $534 billion budget proposal represents a "fundamental overhaul" in defense acquisition and reflects a shift in priorities from fighting conventional wars to the newer threats U.S. forces face from insurgents in places such as Afghanistan.

Just in time to get out of there, and fight a conventional war against China, Iran or North Korea. Always trying to fight the last war, instead of the next one... :xmad:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    You know what they say about not learning from your mistakes!
    I am just waiting for the "micro" management of Afghanistan to start, so we can repeat some more of our past mistakes there too! :xmad:

You remember when the loony lefties said, "I supports our troops but not the mission" well I support our troops, but NOT the comrade in chief.

Top Bottom