• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I've never heard of a magnifier that mounts in front of a site, but generally the windage and elivation are for centering your site when you are looking through the magnifier at the site. Cheap magnifiers don't have this and often times the site will be misaligned in the magnifier due to poor alignment of internal components.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've never heard of a magnifier that mounts in front of a site, but generally the windage and elivation are for centering your site when you are looking through the magnifier at the site. Cheap magnifiers don't have this and often times the site will be misaligned due to poor alignment of internal components.
    Guess i should have said red dot. I get needing to adjust the red dot but not sure why the magnifier has adjustment seems like you would see dot centered in it regardless?

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Before I knew better I bought a non adjustable UTG magnifier and because of poor alignment of the internals of the magnifier the dot showed up in the bottom right corner of the magnifier. I returned it and got another and had the same issue. I then bought a Vortex with adjustable elevation and windage and it centered up nicely.

Edit: I assume when u say in front of the red dot you mean in between your face and the dot. This is where it should be.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Before I knew better I bought a non adjustable UTG magnifier and because of poor alignment of the internals of the magnifier the dot showed up in the bottom right corner of the magnifier. I returned it and got another and had the same issue. I then bought a Vortex with adjustable elevation and windage and it centered up nicely.

Edit: I assume when u say in front of the red dot you mean in between your face and the dot. This is where it should be.

Yes exactly, this one centered with out adjustment that why i was wondering.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yes exactly, this one centered with out adjustment that why i was wondering.

Usually, in gun parlance, "in front of" refers to closer to the muzzle.

They don't always work out to be centered like that. the one I got needed a little adjustment.

Lucky find! sightmark isn't the greatest but they aren't that bad either.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Usually, in gun parlance, "in front of" refers to closer to the muzzle.

They don't always work out to be centered like that. the one I got needed a little adjustment.

Lucky find! sightmark isn't the greatest but they aren't that bad either.
    Well I am not the greatest either lol tried it out over the weekend seemed to work pretty good.

Top Bottom