• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Any one planning on going to the castleton Gander mountain in the morning for their grand re-opening? From what I hear they're suppose to have tons of ammo all calibers including bulk packs. As well as lots of Ar15s and hard to get handguns in stock.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    So when is the re-opening? I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and it looked like they had re-set everything. ZERO pistol ammo. Are they stocking specifically for a special event?

EDITED TO ADD....

I'm not associated with GM, just passing along info about free stuff if anyone is interested.

Date: 04/19/13 - 04/21/13

Event: Castleton Firearms Super Center Grand Opening Celebration!

Description: Make sure to stop by our Castleton Gander Mountain the weekend of April 19th through the 21st to help us celebrate the introduction of our Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center and fresh new look!
    We will be offering up FREE $10.00 Gift Cards to the 1st 100 customers at our Castleton, IN location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 19th, 20th & 21st!
    and
    FREE Gander Mountain T-shirt to the first 250 customers to make a purchase at our Castleton, IN Gander Mountain on Friday, April 19th!
    FREE Gander Mountain Ball Caps to the first 250 customers to make a purchase at our Castleton, IN Gander mountain on Saturday and Sunday, April 20th and 21st!
    PLUS!!
    Register for a chance to WIN one of THREE $500 Gander Mountain Gift Cards during our Grand Opening Celebration Event!
    See flyer for additional details.
    The Castleton Gander Mountain is located at:
    5702 E 86th Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46250
    P: 317-577-1114

Last edited:

MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I don't know if the Gander Mountain expansions of the firearms department are universal, but they more than doubled the size of the Greenwood store, I was in there Tuesday night and was very impressed with the overhaul. Ammo situation was about the same, no 22lr's and lots of stuff I am already stocked up on.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Does anyone else find it comical that they have spent the money and time to become a "Gun Superstore" and they can't even carry the ammo that goes with the firearms they are selling?

Every time I think about investing in another handgun, I am reminded at what a pain in the butt it would be to find ammunition to shoot it right now.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Plenty of Ammo

I just got back from GM Castleton. They have TONS of ammo including a lot of bulk pack. The store was packed and the folks I was in line with were buying the max amounts they could buy. Lots of 9mm, .22, and saw .40 and .45. Brands and calibers too numerous to get into. Also overheard one employee say they were restocking Sat and Sun morning.

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Shark Tank

Got there at 9:30 this morning and the parking lost was full as usual. All 9MM gone at 9:30 so they did not have that much. Still had 380, 40, 45 and some other assorted ammo.

Tons of people just stalking around. Looked like a shark tank just after feeding time.

When the hell are the same people going to stop hoarding all of the ammo so others can buy..... not anytime soon I would imagine.

What a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    The reason Gander Mountain is re-opening as a gun super store is they can't compete the camping gear sales with R.E.I and they can't compete water sports sales with Dick's right around the corner in the mall.

They are going with the one thing that is making them money, they did a similar thing to a Gander store somewhere else in the state. Moved out all the other products and just made it a gun only "super store"

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Of topic that new REI store is pretty cool. I hope you guys make out with the ammo. I will be stuck at work. 330-130 no point in going after

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I just bought a 9mm Shield there. They had lots of guns and it seemed that their prices were lower than normal. $440 for the shield.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    There was a limit of 2 bulk packs per customer and 8 boxes of ammo per customer. They had lots of 5.56 there for 11 bucks per 20-federal, pmc, they had .40 for 22 bucks per 50, 45 auto was $27 per 50, they had bulk packs of 22lr there as well, 127 AR-15's, didnt even go look at the price since i'm sure its still ridiculous and got mine pre panic, an employee said they had 300,000 rounds available. i was towards the back 1/3 of the line and noticed the 9mm was the first to go! I dont hoard ammo, i just go where its in stock! I will say they have increased their guns section from a small part of the back of the store to the ENTIRE back of the store. nice to see things like browning shotguns! They are smart, they are capitalizing on what the northeastern part of the Indianapolis area doesnt have---GUNS!! sheridan and noblesville are small stores, pendleton pike is a bit of a drive, nice to have something close.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Went at noon today.
    Bought a couple of 200 round packs of .45
    There was only one left.

I did get to see a few people pulled over on I465. The cops were thick today.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I just bought a 9mm Shield there. They had lots of guns and it seemed that their prices were lower than normal. $440 for the shield.

Ammo levels were about what they have been for the last couple of weeks, they got wiped out fast. Ken at the counter did confirm that AM deliveries are coming for both days this weekend.

Top Bottom