• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I would also vote for the 19. I have a 23 which is great for home defense as well as carry. It has the rail for a light which is what I wanted for home defense and it conceals pretty well. May not be able to make it disappear like you could with a 26 but still conceals. Plus it's a Glock 19, one of the best all around guns period.

rocketgeezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Hi everybody new to the forum, my everyday carry is ether my 27 or 23, my wife carrys our 26, I also have a 36 which I carry when the mood strikes me, but if your wanting a 9mm, it really depends on how your going to carry, concealed or open because if concealment is prime consideration the 26 will stash much easyer than the 19, however if you get a 26 and then put the mag extention on you may as well get the 19, they end up very close in size, and those mag extentions will pinch some peoples little finger, only thing ie a lot of people have rough time getting used to the 26/27 being as short as it is in the grip area, maybe you have a range rental deal where you can go and try them all?

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Hi everybody new to the forum, my everyday carry is ether my 27 or 23, my wife carrys our 26, I also have a 36 which I carry when the mood strikes me, but if your wanting a 9mm, it really depends on how your going to carry, concealed or open because if concealment is prime consideration the 26 will stash much easyer than the 19, however if you get a 26 and then put the mag extention on you may as well get the 19, they end up very close in size, and those mag extentions will pinch some peoples little finger, only thing ie a lot of people have rough time getting used to the 26/27 being as short as it is in the grip area, maybe you have a range rental deal where you can go and try them all?

I think you may be confusing the extensions with the sleves. The extension adds a 1 or 2 round capacity to a mag. The sleves fit a larger capacity mag. to the 26. There are no problems with pinched fingers with the extensions.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Different caliber, but I have both a G23 and G27, same sizes as 19 and 26. I got the 23 first, and the 27 is now my EDC. You really can't go wrong with either choice. Have you ever fired either of them? Go with what you like best, both are easily concealed with proper holster. Good luck with your decision.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I looking into to getting my first glock. Not real sure what to get. I want something for concealment but still has some capacity. I'm thinking G19 or G26. Thoughts opinions.
    Well, I think it comes down to how you will carry most. The 26 will ankle carry nicely, and does not do too bad IWB either. The 19 carries well IWB or OWB, but is just too dog-gonned big for the ankle. I prefer the 19 myself. I feel it is a good compromise between concealability and shootability. I just like the full gun size feel in the hand.:twocents: Wait, just buy both and be done with it!:draw:

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    honestly you can't go wrong with either choice. I personally went with the g26 because I can add extensions and use other 9mm glock mags if i choose. However, it's hard to go wrong with the 19. Both will conceal well, but I gotta go with the 26 on this one. good luck with your choice!

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I looking into to getting my first glock. Not real sure what to get. I want something for concealment but still has some capacity. I'm thinking G19 or G26. Thoughts opinions.

Go up to H&H and fondle them both since they usually have a decent stock on hand. Then go buy the one you like somewhere else at a reasonable price.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just bought the G26 after owning a G17 for 5 years. The G26 is small and most would say it is not a pocket gun...I on the other hand can carry it just fine in a front pocket but iwb @ 4 O'CLOCK I cannot even tell its there...for perspective I am 5-10 @ 165 lbs.

Go with the G26!

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I carry a glock 27 which is the same size as the 26. I choose the smaller gun because with the pearce extension the grip is the same size as the bigger guns yet I always have the option of the shorter subcompact grip if I want it.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    I've been debating this for some time as well. Difference is I already have a 17. The members here have made this choice easier for me. I need a 26. BUT if I didn't have the 17 and could own only one Glock, the 19 is a good middle ground.

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Love my glock 19. Ive had 5 or 6 handguns is all but this is by far my favorite. 26 sounds like a great one also and I want one in the future.

Top Bottom