• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I work in insurance. This is a claim I read about. A worker was washing down a truck with one of those expanding hoses. He notices the hose is stuck and pulls on it like a standard hose. He pulls harder and harder to break it free.

It did break free and 50 feet of rubber band like energy came at him. This was not a cheap hose with plastic fittings. This one had the brass ball joint fittings and hit him square in the face and month. He lost 5 teeth an has facial bone fractures. He is quoted on the accident report that them thangs are dangerous and never expected it could kill.

So ends my public service safety announcement for the evening. Bet you never thought pulling on your hose could kill!
    the culprit. View attachment 37785

https://www.xhose.com/pro/?mkwid=V8xKNZrQ_dt|pcrid|3281462353|pkw|25 ft coil hose|pmt|b|

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    PSA: That **** on TV is worth LESS than nothing. That's why they're selling it and doubling your order.

Trust me, I used to work for THE internet advertising company that sold all that crap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I work in insurance. This is a claim I read about. A worker was washing down a truck with one of those expanding hoses. He notices the hose is stuck and pulls on it like a standard hose. He pulls harder and harder to break it free.

It did break free and 50 feet of rubber band like energy came at him. This was not a cheap hose with plastic fittings. This one had the brass ball joint fittings and hit him square in the face and month. He lost 5 teeth an has facial bone fractures. He is quoted on the accident report that them thangs are dangerous and never expected it could kill.

So ends my public service safety announcement for the evening. Bet you never thought pulling on your hose could kill!

https://www.xhose.com/pro/?mkwid=V8xKNZrQ_dt|pcrid|3281462353|pkw|25 ft coil hose|pmt|b|

Kill? No. But I was told that it could cause blindness. :):

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I know you can't divulge the name of the claimant but.........

o-HARRY-REID-facebook.jpg

It wasn't this guy, was it? :): :): :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whe he pulled and pulled and pulled and the hose stretched, and stretched, he didn't get a clue something bad could happen?

IC 34-51-2-5 and 6 and 34-20-6-4, I'm looking at you.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We go to auctions occasionally and see PALLET LOADS of these things being sold as store returns. It's funny watching the winners thinking they've really got something there! Of course they only have to find a bigger fool to sell them to and laugh all the way to the liquor store.

Top Bottom