From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Today is two years since we lost our first. I find it interesting that sometimes I can talk about it with others and perfectly fine. Then other times, it is hardest thing to do. A month or so ago we were talking to a friend at church. She was expecting another one at one point and we were talking. Somehow the pregnancy came up and she said she lost it. The emotions of the our loss came back and we basically lost it emotionally.

In other news, our rainbow is crawling up a storm, pulling herself up like nothing and walking from side to side from furniture to furniture. It probably won't be long until she is crawling. Since we have a cat, we are pretty sure she said kitty as her first word. Also pretty sure she said daddy or dada at some point. At this point it is hard to understand sometimes. Had friends over last night for friends giving and there was our daughter who is 10.5 months old, a friend daughter who is 18 months old and a friends son who is three or four. Also had one of my moms fosters over for dinner on Saturday. We need some kid friendly drinks and dinnerware. Fiesta ware won't cut it with them, haha.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Anniversaries are tough. I've found how I feel when talking about it really depends on who i'm talking to. If they are close to me or I feel they are genuine it will affect me a lot more than if there's not much of a connection. The loss of life is hard enough, then you factor in the "loss of becoming a parent", at least for a while. The hurt is on a lot levels. Then you see threads about how to handle your daughter's first date and realize you had been looking forward to it, only to lose the opportunity to worry.

i've found it's random what affects me at times. I don't really care anymore what people think of my ongoing grief. If someone says something insensitive I realize in their lives they have moved on from whatever it is we are experiencing and they just don't understand. Grief is love not ready to be released, and it can be healthy.

hug your little rainbow from beginning to end

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Today is two years since we lost our first. I find it interesting that sometimes I can talk about it with others and perfectly fine. Then other times, it is hardest thing to do. A month or so ago we were talking to a friend at church. She was expecting another one at one point and we were talking. Somehow the pregnancy came up and she said she lost it. The emotions of the our loss came back and we basically lost it emotionally.

In other news, our rainbow is crawling up a storm, pulling herself up like nothing and walking from side to side from furniture to furniture. It probably won't be long until she is crawling. Since we have a cat, we are pretty sure she said kitty as her first word. Also pretty sure she said daddy or dada at some point. At this point it is hard to understand sometimes. Had friends over last night for friends giving and there was our daughter who is 10.5 months old, a friend daughter who is 18 months old and a friends son who is three or four. Also had one of my moms fosters over for dinner on Saturday. We need some kid friendly drinks and dinnerware. Fiesta ware won't cut it with them, haha.

It's very ironic that this was brought back to life, as my wife (who had 1 miscarriage already that I posted about) is currently being prepped for surgery after we learned of miscarriage #2 yesterday. She was scheduled for a normal ultrasound and we thought all was good, until they couldn't find a heartbeat. Talk about ripping at your heart all over again. The only consolation this time around is our handsome 15 month old son who brings so much joy to our life.

Hold onto life and do not take those precious children who come into your lives for granted. It's scary how many never get the chance.

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    My wife and I had a very similar experience. We lost her first pregnancy and six months later she was pregnant with Triplets. Our triplets are now 4 years old and I thank God everyday for the blessing of these three maniacs.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    We lost our first also. Apparently, the miscarriage rate is much higher for first pregnancies and it's not that uncommon. But as you indicate, it's a hollow comfort, a completely irrelevant fact. Hold each other and focus on what's left, not on what's lost.

The good news is that you know that you can conceive, and that's a big victory in itself. Several friends have struggled for years before finally conceiving.

Top Bottom