• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Thanks everyone who came out last night too shoot. Thanks to the ROs and to Chad for taking care of the scores. Hope to see all you in a couple of weeks.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It was fun getting on a new team and watching the techniques used by other shooters. I learned a lot that I'll incorporate in my shooting.

Lessons learned:
    1. Last string is gone, so forget about it.
    2. Get on target faster and more deliberately.
    3. Use a stronger support hand.
    4. Listen to the steel and form a pattern.

Also, thanks to the guys who do not reload and allowed us to take their brass.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It was fun getting on a new team and watching the techniques used by other shooters. I learned a lot that I'll incorporate in my shooting.

Lessons learned:
    1. Last string is gone, so forget about it.
    2. Get on target faster and more deliberately.
    3. Use a stronger support hand.
    4. Listen to the steel and form a pattern.

Also, thanks to the guys who do not reload and allowed us to take their brass.

Lesson Learned: Some people don't listen to the pre-shoot briefing about holding up other squads (you get a doughnut pass this time around)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Lesson Learned: Some people don't listen to the pre-shoot briefing about holding up other squads (you get a doughnut pass this time around)

For the record, I was not holding up the squad. GNRPowdeR's squad was not done shooting, so where could we go?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I just wish you guys had been nice enough to have left OUR BRASS on the tarps for us to have gone back to get it after everyone was done shooting (per the Safety Brief)... Some went looking... Some weren't pleased...

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just wish you guys had been nice enough to have left OUR BRASS on the tarps for us to have gone back to get it after everyone was done shooting (per the Safety Brief)... Some went looking... Some weren't pleased...

We've always run Friday Night Steel so that you get the opportunity to pick up your brass, as long as there isn't another squad waiting on you. I think this encourages the right behaviors (being respectful of others time, not standing around chatting when you could be getting ready, being efficient, etc.). Since we're so limited on time (we've actually stopped the match before at 10 pm without being done) we have learned ways to minimize shooting time. While it's not perfect, I like it better than other matches I go to that are lost brass or that don't allow you to pick up brass until the end (hard to police, can make a mess/tripping hazard on the tarp, less mixed brass (380, 38 super is a killer for me)).

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Whoa before someone posts a spoof thread, my post was just banter at Que. The match was running
    well ahead of the 10pm deadline and normally ROs will allow people to pick up bass (scoop and run) even if a squad is waiting. We'll address during the RO meeting.

Top Bottom