Free shared task list/project management app?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I manage a team of trustees. We have a list of tasks that is building. (replacing stuff, doing scheduled PMs, etc) Our current sign up sheet just isnt working.

Partly because the only place I can post it is in a room we seldom go into. So I have started looking for a program we can use to track the info on our phones for convenience.

I found a program called Asana. It seems to do what we need, but not impressed.

Anyone else doing this with teams?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We already have our office running in 365 with 1 seat. Adding in outsiders is a rotal pain in 365. I know. I run it at work and we are hobbled anytime we have a meeting with outsiders. Long story.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There's a free version of Microsoft to do (can be used outside of a corporate Microsoft 365 account) that can be used with a personal Microsoft account (outlook.com, etc) and it appears you can invite others to a particular task list (as long as they have a Microsoft account). I'm assuming once shared the other person could update, close tasks, etc but again, I haven't tested it out that much.

I haven't used it much (just made some personal lists) and admittedly haven't tried to share mostly because my wife wouldn't use it I'm guessing.

I do have a personal sub for home use for O365 (again not corporate related), and I'm not sure if that plays into me having access to this version of To Do. That said, a lot of folks would have a personal O365 sub if required for just the person driving the list, but again, not sure it's required or not.

May well not have everything you are looking for though.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't know much about it but Microsoft has a free version of teams.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/free

We already have our office running in 365 with 1 seat. Adding in outsiders is a rotal pain in 365. I know. I run it at work and we are hobbled anytime we have a meeting with outsiders. Long story.
    Not going to get into how you are setup and federated, etc as I'm not overly versed in why you'd be having issues there, but there is a personal use version that he referenced. From the FAQ:

"Yes, Microsoft Teams free is for personal use. Teams free helps family and friends get together and stay connected through calls and chats—in one place, in one app."

And you can log into the Teams app with both a corporate and personal (microsoft, like outlook.com) accounts and just switch between the 2.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There's a free version of Microsoft to do (can be used outside of a corporate Microsoft 365 account) that can be used with a personal Microsoft account (outlook.com, etc) and it appears you can invite others to a particular task list (as long as they have a Microsoft account). I'm assuming once shared the other person could update, close tasks, etc but again, I haven't tested it out that much.

I haven't used it much (just made some personal lists) and admittedly haven't tried to share mostly because my wife wouldn't use it I'm guessing.

I do have a personal sub for home use for O365 (again not corporate related), and I'm not sure if that plays into me having access to this version of To Do. That said, a lot of folks would have a personal O365 sub if required for just the person driving the list, but again, not sure it's required or not.

May well not have everything you are looking for though.
    See post 3.

Whenever you throw a paid user into the mix, its not worth going free. It creates massive headaches for the paid user when you try to integrate outsiders into it. It makes it no longer worth it.

The only friction free method would be to just buy licenses for all staff and create mailboxes for them to make them all local users. And at that point it would probably be cheaper to look at a low cost option that's non microsoft.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    See post 3.

Whenever you throw a paid user into the mix, its not worth going free. It creates massive headaches for the paid user when you try to integrate outsiders into it. It makes it no longer worth it.

The only friction free method would be to just buy licenses for all staff and create mailboxes for them to make them all local users. And at that point it would probably be cheaper to look at a low cost option that's non microsoft.
    I'm suggesting using all free version and just having folks use an outlook.com microsoft account. Not sure how many folks you are talking about. If it's a handful shouldn't be an issue. And should not interfere with other services.

I'm logged into Office, onedrive, teams, outlook app, etc on my phone all with both corporate and "free" microsoft.com account. All separately and I can switch contexts in the apps when needed.

I'm suggesting using the free version and sharing the lists between the free microsoft (outlook.com) accounts and not trying to federate.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I manage a team of trustees. We have a list of tasks that is building. (replacing stuff, doing scheduled PMs, etc) Our current sign up sheet just isnt working.

Partly because the only place I can post it is in a room we seldom go into. So I have started looking for a program we can use to track the info on our phones for convenience.

I found a program called Asana. It seems to do what we need, but not impressed.

Anyone else doing this with teams?
    Don't know exactly what your needs are but you can check out the airtable free tier. https://www.airtable.com/pricing

Top Bottom