• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    ALL news sites must be taken with a grain of salt and vetted for truth. I heard Chris Wallace use Crazy Town's numbers on 355 mass shooting in December. Today the yellow journalism is so bad you got to check other sources to verify.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm on the way to contact 59 and let them know I will contact all their advertisers and let it be known I will not buy ANY of their products that are advertised on Fox59

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The 30,000 is from the CDC. FastStats - Injuries Includes homicides, suicides, accidents, etc. The FBI stats only include homicides.

2013, 21,175, suicide by firearm.....uhhhhh nice way to twist 10,000 into 30,000...

"They" also say you're more likely to kill yourself with your own firearm, 505 accidental discharge deaths I'm not even going to look up vehicular deaths as it's going to be exponentially more.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Don't forget a active shooter is anytime there are 4 or more deaths, want to guess how many active shooters and there are on a normal weekend in Chicago.........

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Probably Russ Mcqaid. But really any of them. I've always found it ironic that the Indianapolis fox affiliate leans the farthest left of any of the Indy news channels, IMO.

[STRIKE]Uh, NO. Not Russ McQuaid. Check yourself at the door pal.[/STRIKE]

I apologize, I was just informed that McQuaid has been known to sensationalize stories. Despite he's from a LE family.

Last edited:

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    [STRIKE]Uh, NO. Not Russ McQuaid. Check yourself at the door pal.[/STRIKE]

I apologize, I was just informed that McQuaid has been known to sensationalize stories. Despite he's from a LE family.
    Duly noted but not necessary. We can have different impressions of people.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Can you please tell me who was "He"?

POTUS, they played a clip from his speech where he said over 30,000 americans lose their lifes to guns. He doesn't break down the numbers that 21,175~ of those are suicides.... 21000/41000 suicides taken by guns HMMMMM 41,000 suicides vs 11,000 gun homocides in this country, BUT we have a gun problem.

Sounds to me like we have a bigger problem no one wants to address why people would rather off themselves than live here. Ask yourself that.

4x as many people are taking their own lives than there are people killing others with guns in this country.

4X Seems significantly more than gun homicides...

"Mass shootings" account for...1 - 3% of all gun deaths each year....That's a high % guess. Why would someone kill a bunch of others and take their own life? Could it have ANYTHING to do with other people who kill themselves? Could they be related? Mental? Over medicated? Guess who's making money each time they prescribe
    a patient some head drugs? The doctor and the pharmaceutical company...Of course they want to keep you on your drugs. Some people need it. Just think about it though.

Someone explain to me how the focus is still on guns? Bull**** agenda.

Last edited:

599hornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    They, whoever that is, must have cut out the part where the POTUS talked about suicides. Watched the entire thing and he did talk about how that number was mostly suicides then transitioned into the mental health portion of his announcement.

"Number three, we’re going to do more to help those suffering from mental illness get the help that they need. (Applause.) High-profile mass shootings tend to shine a light on those few mentally unstable people who inflict harm on others. But the truth is, is that nearly two in three gun deaths are from suicides. So a lot of our work is to prevent people from hurting themselves."

Last edited:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Don't forget a active shooter is anytime there are 4 or more deaths, want to guess how many active shooters and there are on a normal weekend in Chicago.........

What's worse is it isn't 4 deaths, it's just 4 people who have been shot, injured, or killed. They don't even need to die. The shootings don't even need to be related, other than location and timeframe.

Top Bottom