• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    So I finally got my Form 1 submitted, over a month ago... Check cleared my bank on June 5. Called to check status today, was told there was nothing in the system, and transferred up the line to a Scott Robinson, and had to leave a voicemail...

Anyone else had something like that happen? Was hoping for at least a Pending date, as NFATracker.com is showing a roughly 3-4 month wait.

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    I believe that when your check is cashed, that is when it goes pending, at least that is what I was told by an agent once when I called to ask for a status. Sounds like something is wrong, sorry!

Darren

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Right, most of the statuses I've seen checking with that NFA tracker site show pending the same day check is cashed or shortly after (within a week) normally, I waited a month to call to be sure...

If I don't hear back, I'll call again next week and see what I can find out.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Tagged for interest. I have a form 4 that might be in the same state as yours. Using Silencer Shop Direct, I am used to getting notifications along the process. I called the ATF two weeks ago asking for a status, as it seemed like it has been too long from when the forms were sent to when I should have gotten the "checked cashed" email from Silencer Shop (about a month), And I got the same "not in the system" . I didnt think too much of it as I didnt think the check was cashed yet. After I emailed silencer shop it turned out I called the ATF 5 days after the check was cashed.

When is it that they have the first record of the serial in their system..... After check cashed or after it goes pending?

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    From what I've seen, most of them are pending as soon as the check is cashed. I've been using NFAtracker.com to see what the average is for everyone else... Most pending statuses seem to be right along with the check cashing. Gave them my serial and double checked it, and they had no record.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Checked again today, and was told the application was received June 4, I asked if that was a "Pending" status of June 4, and he just said it was received June 4, and would be 6 months from then.

Are wait times up again? I'm still seeing an average of 3 months for individual forms mostly...

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Checked again today, and was told the application was received June 4, I asked if that was a "Pending" status of June 4, and he just said it was received June 4, and would be 6 months from then.

Are wait times up again? I'm still seeing an average of 3 months for individual forms mostly...

So basically a month from checked cashed to when its in the system, uggg. I checked again last week on mine, Still not in system, sent 6/9.... supposedly check was cashed on the 6/22 (per silencer shop)..... Guess I need to wait till end of July before my next call.

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.

Generally speaking when you ask the ATF about wait times you won't get very consistent answers from the individuals that work there. You are better off looking at the received stamps and the times they saw although those can spike and you can end up with longer. Right now times have gone up considerably since the beginning of the year. I got my E-filed F1 Trust in January in about 33 days. My paper F4 Trust took 115 days to get approved and it was sent in 3/4/15 with the check being cashed on the 12th of March. On my F4 they told me (The ATF) that I was looking at 4-5 months. As you can see I got it under 150 days so it was considerably less than 5 months they quoted me.

Go by the date the check was cashed though, that seems to be the standard method of measuring wait times.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    So basically a month from checked cashed to when its in the system, uggg. I checked again last week on mine, Still not in system, sent 6/9.... supposedly check was cashed on the 6/22 (per silencer shop)..... Guess I need to wait till end of July before my next call.

Seems like it. I also called my bank because the cashed check didn't show the draft number (check number), I was told it was processed using ACH (?) meaning it was processed electronically/just by entering the check numbers, so I have no way of getting an image of the cancelled check as proof, all I have is the bank entry that it was cashed, so the bank said all I could do if it was needed it have a copy of my account printed...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom