• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I just bought me a Walther P22 today.:D:D BTW, +1 to PSS again!!

While I was there I picked up a Fobus P22 holster and it is to tight. I have to use both hands to literally jerk it out of the holster. There is a rivit just below the passive restraint that I am prepared to drill out, but wanted to get some advise before I do it. Is there anything else I could try first? Anyone else have this problem?

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    It just needs to break in unless you have the adjustable one. Insert the gun so that the holster is expanded and let it sit for a few days. What I mean by expanded is put the gun in and stop before it locks in the holster. Worked for mine anyways.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    best way to do it is to use a hair dryer to heat it up and reform it. but i just ended up junking mine and bought a safariland. hope you dont need your gun because the chances of getting it out properly are slim. fobus is junk in my opinion i would only use it at the range to hold the gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    You can warm up the holster with a torch or over the stove enough so that you can slightly bend it outwards. I did that to one of my Fobus holsters and it works great. This particular one had the rivet, whereas the Fobus holster for my LCP has a screw with a grommet in between the side right at the trigger guard.

fobus001.jpg
    fobus002.jpg

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Well we don't have a hair dryer, and I'm to impatient to go get one.:D I decided to drill out the rivit. That made it a little to loose so I drilled a new hole about a 1/4" down from the original, and put the rivit in the new hole. Then clamped down on it and put some super glue to hold it in and it's perfect now not to tight or to loose.

Kbowers9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Salem
    I once had a fobus holster. I thought I would save some money and purchase one of these cheaper fobus holsters for a cheaper pistol. The pistol was stuck in the holster until i completely removed the adjustable screw and pulled on the gun for a few minutes. I tried to work with the holster a few more times and still had nothing but trouble. I wouldn't suggest these holsters to anyone. There are plenty of other cheap holsters out there that don't require a hair dryer to make them semi-functional.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    I've had one for both my P22 and a G23/G26 setup. After some use, they do ease up on the tension a bit. It's a firm hold on the weapon, but I would rather the extra effort in unholstering it as opposed to losing it if I had to jog or something similar.

I've practiced drawing from it several times. So long as the paddle is properly fitted under your belt, and you wear a belt the way they're intended, you shouldn't have any issues with the complete holster coming out with the weapon. There are also adjusters which you could purchase, to replace your rivets. I'll look for a link to some I had previously found.

Malard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ive got the opposite problem! My Fobus is to lose on my 1911 I think I will deal with it till the next 1500 tho but in the mean time ill try that hair dryer trick, think there is a heat gun in the garage still.

Top Bottom