• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I have a Rem 870 Tactical which I use as an HD gun and I think it's missing a very important feature, a light and would like some input and suggestions. I have the HSP version of the Inforce WML on my AR and have debated buying a second on for my shotty, but I've also thought of getting something like a Surefire X300 or G2 Series light and attaching it to the MOE Forend.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I should have took a pic of my Elzetta on my 870 with a MOE for-end. Pretty nice set up. Tough light for a tough gun.

But, it comes down to what you like. I personally don't like the pistol lights (x300 or TLR-1) on shot guns, but it's just me, nothing against those lights as they are good lights. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the X300 ultra, it has a better momentary on switch than Streamlight.

Surefire X300 Ultra

The Elzetta Bravo comes in a few flavors, but they are very nice USA made lights.

Elzetta Bravo 2-cell 650 lumen High/Low Standard Head

The Surefire G2X isn't really built for weapons, the recoil will be tough on it over the years. You'd probably want the tactical version, as the pro version ons in LOW first.

Surefire G2X Tactical Flashlight

I also really like the Fenix TK15. Nice light, not a ton of money, easy to use.

Fenix TK15 S2 Edition

Remember coupon code INGO saves you 10% on your entire order!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    TLR-1

My TLR-1 works just fine and is reliable and not overly expensive. I have had this one for about five years now with never a glitch.

139_zps8c057d60.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My TLR-1 works just fine and is reliable and not overly expensive. I have had this one for about five years now with never a glitch.

139_zps8c057d60.jpg

Nice mount job my friend.
    I have a few of the TLR-1's and 2 TLR-1s units. Everyone gets to ride their appointed gun at the range. They have all held up just fine.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Sure fire makes a VERY nice forend with integrated light and pressure pads.

Not cheap but pretty cool.

ETA: Now that I am on my PC, here is the link...

Shotgun Forend WeaponLights

I've looked at that but am not entirely sold on it, namely because of the cost. I can get the old 618 integrated forend/light NIB on Ebay for around $220 or just buy an X300 or a G2 or Elzetta and save some cash, but I don't wanna buy once, cry, and buy again.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Mine is set up with the moe forend and a spare streamlight polytac I had with this mount Florida Gun Exchange | EMA Tactical PL2 Flashlight Mount For 1" Flashlight Picatinny Style Black Finish. I wanted the surefire forend but didn't wanna spend the money. That seemed like the cheapest way to get a light on there. It works well enough but after running a multiple days course recently I've decided to just spend the cash and get the surefire for ergonomic purposes. Mostly the way I had it set up with my sling it was beating the crap out of my hand, not a huge deal of it's just an HD gun.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Mine is set up with the moe forend and a spare streamlight polytac I had with this mount Florida Gun Exchange | EMA Tactical PL2 Flashlight Mount For 1" Flashlight Picatinny Style Black Finish. I wanted the surefire forend but didn't wanna spend the money. That seemed like the cheapest way to get a light on there. It works well enough but after running a multiple days course recently I've decided to just spend the cash and get the surefire for ergonomic purposes. Mostly the way I had it set up with my sling it was beating the crap out of my hand, not a huge deal of it's just an HD gun.

I'm thinking of taking the forward sling mount off of my 870 since I never use it and usually run it as a single-point anyway. I'm thinking of just buying an X300 and a pressure switch and slapping it on the MOE.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom