• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    Hello, I have a lot of fixed bladed knives all of which I love over my folders. When it comes to the carry laws in Indiana for carrying a fixed bladed knife what are they? I called a lot of people and spent a lot of hours on the internet to no avail on info for this and the last thing I need is to be arrested and charged for something I wasn't knowledgeable about. Could you guys help me and tell me what I need to know please? thanks ahead of time!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't believe "Fixed blades" are in any of the Indiana knife laws.

It is perfectly legal to carry a pocket folding knife of any length, as well as a fixed blade knife of any length, be it single edged or a dagger.

Our laws only specify what is illegal, not what is legal.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I've wondered this myself. "Pocketknives" are legal, but I don't know about fixed blades. An LTCH does not give protection for a concealed or concealable fixed blade, methinks. I'll be interested to hear the answer.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The only IC on this that I know of involves knives with detachable blades (that may be ejected) IC 35-47-5-2, and knives on school property IC 35-47-5-2.5.

There may also be local ordinances depending on your location.

Would be great to have 100% preemption of all "arms" in the state of Indiana.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP:

while STATE LAW may not proscribe fixed blades (unless, as stated, they're "ballistic knives") you'll almost certainly find a hodge podge of local/municipal codes/laws that DO restrict length. I think it's been on here, more than once, that Brownsburg has a length restriction.

-J-

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    There are no STATE LAWS pertaining to fixed blade knives. No length restrictions, no restrictions on how to carry, no restrictions on blade type/style. As stated, you will find some local ordinances pertaining to fixed blade knives.

Top Bottom