• ...and so much more!
  • Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Clearly, this is a fictitious report.

Guns are banned in Japan. Ergo, this citizen could not have one.

- Brady

That's right Jim!

-Bloomberg

Finally, some folks with gun sense!

-Watts

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    That makes more sense, I clicked on the thread thinking someone got arrested because their gun was printing through their clothes...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wait, I read on INGO how the government would no longer be able to enforce gun control because of 3D printing. Those pesky Japanese are always ahead of the curve, I guess. I still blame Deming.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Man held on suspicion of owning guns made with 3-D printer | The Japan Times

If he's an ethnic Japanese, I find his claim that he didn't know it was illegal a little dubious.

Having lived in Japan since 1998, I could write PAGES on the number of things about Japan/Japanese culture that even Japanese don't know! Just like the gun "ekspurts" like Mikey "an AR-15 is full-auto" Bloomberg, Carolyn "shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy, and similar know-nothings, there are plenty of Japanese that don't know the law. I constantly meet Japanese people that are amazed when I tell them that they do not need, and there is no license required to buy a real Japanese sword.

Furthermore, the law here in Japan is often viewed by the enforcers/legal system as more of a set of guidelines subject to a much more flexible level of interpretation than as a set of (allegedly) hard and fast rules, so his claim is not so dubious, methinks...

Those pesky Japanese are always ahead of the curve, I guess. I still blame Deming.

LOL! How dare those sneaky rascals to *actually read* a Yank's book that American companies (like the car companies) ignored, and use it to make superior products! :laugh:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read The Japan That Can Say No once. Not in the original Japanese, of course. Couldn't find a great deal on which to disagree with the author. The only real disagreement I had was where he said that Japan should be able to say No to the Americans. But that's just the running dog Imperialist in me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait, I read on INGO how the government would no longer be able to enforce gun control because of 3D printing.

Wait, the police can enforce unenforceable laws now?

How many arrests were made in violation of Indiana's universal background check?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Zero, just like the number of arrests for the UBC.

**Checks thread title**

whats-your-point.jpg

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    What Is the Current Price of Tea in China?

The current price of tea in China is $ 3.01. China has many types of teas. Some of them include Dragon Well, Spring Snail, Yellow Mountain Fur Peak and Mount Jun Silver Needle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    China has many types of teas. Some of them include Dragon Well, Spring Snail, Yellow Mountain Fur Peak and Mount Jun Silver Needle.

...which all sound either psycho-active or nasty. Or both. When I think "tea", snails, needles, and fur seldom enter into that thought.

Top Bottom