• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I got my first deer with my bow this afternoon. I took a climbing stand in and set up near a trail I've hunted from the ground the past few days without success. This time, a button buck wandered a little too close and I was able to get the shot.

In one of the pics below (the one from the stand), the spot I shot the deer has an "x" and there is an arrow drawn in pointing to the deer on the ground. Check out the broken arrow sticking out of the top of his back near the shoulders in the bottom photo. He only stumbled about 30-ft before falling. It's not a big deer by any means, but it's my first with a bow.

4015921190_961ab471f1.jpg

4015920986_ee8942eff9.jpg

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Looks like you were pretty high up!

Thanks. I was about 20' up in the tree. I hadn't intended on being quite that high, but while I was climbing I noticed some thick leaves on another tree next to mine about that height and decided to get next to them.

Guess it worked. :D

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Awesome!! I have only one kill and it is with a bow. It is such a rush!!

Tell me about it. I've shot lots of them over the years with rifles (back in SC) and shotguns (here and back there). Taking the shot with a bow was a completely different experience - maybe because I had to watch the deer so much longer before it got into a perfectly clear shooting lane. With a slug, I'd have been able to take it much quicker and probably missed out on all that adrenaline rush!

Top Bottom