• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 660raptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hi all. I am a bit fuzzy on the subject of firearms around schools and the legality of it all. I do not live on campus but do live about 300 feet from official university property and was wondering if it is legal to keep a long gun (such as a shotgun, ak-47 or ar-15) in my place of dwelling. Also, is it legal to keep a handgun in my place of dwelling? I have read Indiana law and, to me, it reads that I am legal to keep any gun I wish in my residence, but I have also heard from other people that one must be 1000 feet from school property if possessing a firearm. Any help would be much appreciated.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Hi all. I am a bit fuzzy on the subject of firearms around schools and the legality of it all. I do not live on campus but do live about 300 feet from official university property and was wondering if it is legal to keep a long gun (such as a shotgun, ak-47 or ar-15) in my place of dwelling. Also, is it legal to keep a handgun in my place of dwelling? I have read Indiana law and, to me, it reads that I am legal to keep any gun I wish in my residence, but I have also heard from other people that one must be 1000 feet from school property if possessing a firearm. Any help would be much appreciated.

You can ONLY get arrested, if the catch you between your house, and 999' 11" away from the school bldg !!!!! ha ha ha .....

Top Bottom