• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I ran my name on that site. There was a jumble of old and new info, going back 35 years. Some good info and a lot of expired. I decided to just leave it. Anyone actually using it would have to do quite a bit of sifting and sorting to make anything of it.

Spoke with another INGOer last evening on this subject. She said she went around to all the people info sites and had her info removed a few years back. A year later she revisited some of the sites to verify she was still gone from their records. Found that bits and pieces of her real info were spread across many people, with the same name as hers in other states around the nation.
    Yep. Finding that myself.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Keep in mind that removing your info isn’t forever. These sites get dumps of info a few times a year and your info can end up right back on there.

It’s a good idea to know what personal info can be found about you. Once you know, don’t include any of that kind of stuff in usernames, passwords, or security questions. Bad guys can find enough info about you to guess the answers to things and access your accounts or open new accounts. I’ve heard it direct from their mouths.

Top Bottom