• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    A Florida man, fearing for his life, shoots a theif during the perpetration of a crime.

Two people, Nikki McCormick and Tony Curtis Phillips, were attempting to steal Ladon Jones car near Miami from Ladon Jones orange grove. Good old Ladon heard the car start and went to investigate. Fearing for his life when one of the perps in the passenger seat put their hand out the window Ladon fired shots into the windshield of his vehicle, killing Nikki McCormick with a well placed shot to the head.

Police have arrested Tony Phillips and CHARGED HIM WITH 2ND DEGREE MURDER!:yesway: The only problem I have with this is a.) he didn't shoot Tony too b.) they didn't charge him with first degree murder.

Guess what? The media STILL doesn't get it. They report that poor Tony will be charged with 2nd degree murder even though (sniffle) he didn't fire a shot:tantrum:

Sheriff: Law protects SUV owner who shot, killed woman - CNN.com

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    The loss of human life no matter how justified as self defense will never be applauded nor completely understood universally. Its a shame that a man can be pushed into a corner and his only choice be to protect himself and his family by use of violence, and then be repremanded for it.........hmm sounds familiar, like removal of predatory lending and now banks are the bad guys for having no money!

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We need more of this. Maybe my logic is terminally flawed, but I'm a firm believer if theifs and BGs knew anyone could (legally) and would fight back, there would be less crime. You SHOULD have the right to protect your property and never have to retreat and give ground to a criminal. NEVER.

Can anyone supply a rational, legitimate argument why I'm wrong? When I read Brady Campaign responses (why do they even get to respond in the first place CNN?) I can't help but wonder what color the sky is in these peoples world.

Yes, I'm grouchy today.

Top Bottom