• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Just wanted to give my report on my trip to the new gun store in Muncie: McGalliard Guns & More. My wife and I made a trip from Richmond. That place was hopping. We spent 20-30 minutes in there and we saw 3 policeman come in at different times shopping. They had a really cool 10 gauge single shot shotgun that when my wife saw it said, “That would be really cool over the fireplace.” I didn’t buy it, but it was $122. Way high on the cool factor. They had a Mossberg shot gun that looked like it came out of a patrol car somewhere. I looked at a Ruger LCP and my wife knew that I always wanted one. She said, “Why don’t you buy that LCP? You know you want it.” I did buy it and an ankle holster. The salesmen were knowledgeable and friendly. They had the largest selection of holsters I have seen in a brick and mortar store. I wasn’t fond of the LCP pocket holsters and passed on them. I probably saw a hundred or so new and used (?) handguns in the cases. I thought the prices were fair. I asked if they do gunsmithing and the guy behind the counter said they do not, but they send the guns to someone that does. Has anyone else been there? It is located across the street from KFC and Chili’s on McGalliard. Muncie needed a place since Ludco’s…relocated.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I went in there on the 17th and bought a pair of glocks that were police trade ins. The guy behind the counter was friendly and cut me a deal since i bought 2. They also gave my little brother a free knife just because. I give them a :yesway:

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I havent been in the shop but checked out there booth at the last muncie gun show. Overheard them telling some guy about how the glock he was handling was a discontinued color so it was a good deal. It looked like a flaking desert tan krylon special to me. Kind of put me off. Hoping it was just extra help for the show. Anyone know how much they charge for transfers?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    OT Do they still show "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at midnight on Saturdays there on McGalliard? Crazy memories from that town !!

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    Bought a Xd9 and two boxes of ammo there last week. One heck of a deal on the XD and I bought 100 rounds of Fiocchi for $25 + tax. Will I go Back...Yes I will.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Glad to hear this. I was at a 2-day event in Muncie this past summer and thought I'd kill some down-time by going to a gun store. I asked an older guy at the gas station if there were any good gun stores in town. He replied "nope, we ain't got no gun stores no mo." I said "you mean on this side of town?" He replied "nope, we ain't nun at tall. They all gone." I'll be back at the same event next summer.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Glad to hear this. I was at a 2-day event in Muncie this past summer and thought I'd kill some down-time by going to a gun store. I asked an older guy at the gas station if there were any good gun stores in town. He replied "nope, we ain't got no gun stores no mo." I said "you mean on this side of town?" He replied "nope, we ain't nun at tall. They all gone." I'll be back at the same event next summer.

Well, technically they still have MC Sports, Dunhams, and a few pawn shops that sell guns!

Now you will have plenty of places to go!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If I remember right, it would have been at the cheap theatre, right off of Oakwood. That has been torn down for some years now...
    Or Wheeling, it was in the Plaza. Never went to Rockie Horror but my sister did she said it was over the top. Did go to the midnight movies on 16th "b" day to watch "Dawn of the Dead."

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Just wanted to give my report on my trip to the new gun store in Muncie: McGalliard Guns & More. My wife and I made a trip from Richmond. That place was hopping. We spent 20-30 minutes in there and we saw 3 policeman come in at different times shopping. They had a really cool 10 gauge single shot shotgun that when my wife saw it said, “That would be really cool over the fireplace.” I didn’t buy it, but it was $122. Way high on the cool factor. They had a Mossberg shot gun that looked like it came out of a patrol car somewhere. I looked at a Ruger LCP and my wife knew that I always wanted one. She said, “Why don’t you buy that LCP? You know you want it.” I did buy it and an ankle holster. The salesmen were knowledgeable and friendly. They had the largest selection of holsters I have seen in a brick and mortar store. I wasn’t fond of the LCP pocket holsters and passed on them. I probably saw a hundred or so new and used (?) handguns in the cases. I thought the prices were fair. I asked if they do gunsmithing and the guy behind the counter said they do not, but they send the guns to someone that does. Has anyone else been there? It is located across the street from KFC and Chili’s on McGalliard. Muncie needed a place since Ludco’s…relocated.
    Nice choice on the LCP! I wish my wife would TELL me to buy a gun.:laugh:

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Or Wheeling, it was in the Plaza. Never went to Rockie Horror but my sister did she said it was over the top. Did go to the midnight movies on 16th "b" day to watch "Dawn of the Dead."

Before my time in Muncie then. The only Plaza that I can think of on Wheeling, is a bowling alley and bingo hall. I live about a mile and half down Wheeling from there. Lived in Muncie for the better part of the last 8 years.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom