• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ?? can i ASK Why you are filling A rolling trash can with Water?
    redneck baththub, duh.

I guess you've never owned one of these things. They get NASTY after a while and need cleaned out. This time it smelled like absolute death. Literally. You could smell it from 20' away with the lid closed.

Ive learned I can either put some soap and water in and scrub the :poop: out of it, or just fill with soapy water, let it soak, and dump it out. After soaking the crap comes off with the jet of a garden hose.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It works really well. And it cost around $10 to make. The hard part is finding somebody that stocks the hose end. Or you have to ship to store for free and wait. Otherwise it costs about double because you have to go from 3/4 garden Female to 1/2"MIP, then 1/2" threaded to slip on. And that reduction will slow the fill a bit.

Though some stores stock these, but I never could find it at my stores even tho they had 8.

Then again, this is the same store that "lost" 30 gallon jugs of the chemical I was looking for. SMH

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    redneck baththub, duh.

I guess you've never owned one of these things. They get NASTY after a while and need cleaned out. This time it smelled like absolute death. Literally. You could smell it from 20' away with the lid closed.

Ive learned I can either put some soap and water in and scrub the :poop: out of it, or just fill with soapy water, let it soak, and dump it out. After soaking the crap comes off with the jet of a garden hose.
    My solution is to get the 96 gallon trash bags for it. Perfectly clean after each pickup.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And there are positive benefits to it getting nasty and maggoty.

The last time I cleaned it I had a young robin so dedicated to eating the maggots, he didnt care that I was standing 5' away from him.

I dumped out the water, and after washing out the maggots, he flew down and started picking them up off the concrete drive. He had one eye on me, and one on them. He ate a half dozen or so, then hopped over closer to me (within 3' or so), got as many as he could get in his beak, and flew off. It was a pretty neat experience.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear ya. I only wash it out when it starts to smell. (same location for me too)

Ive got enough to make another if you want one. Its cheaper than buying bags every week.

Top Bottom