• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Today it was finally confirmed by federal law enforcement that ATFE is running/allowing the running of guns into Mexico and one of their weapons was used to slay a Border Patrol agent.

Note the use of passive voice by the LA Times and the new spin "ATFE needs more money so we don't do this again".

This should get very ugly. I would anticipate (well, hope for) hearings and federal prosecutions.

Guns tracked by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found at firefight scene - latimes.com

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It won't...
    The ATF is just getting into the Racket the CIA has been running for Decades.
    Sigh...

"You don't let the guns walk intentionally," he said. "I can tell you for a fact that was never done. Ever. All ATF agents are taught that way. But sometimes on a surveillance, you might lose the guns."

You know, sometimes you just lose a few. I mean come on, no biggie, right?

We cool?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    "You don't let the guns walk intentionally," he said. "I can tell you for a fact that was never done. Ever. All ATF agents are taught that way. But sometimes on a surveillance, you might lose the guns."

You know, sometimes you just lose a few. I mean come on, no biggie, right?

We cool?

Huh...
    I am going to have to remember that line for when they come talk to me...
    You see, I had this boat... :D

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Today it was finally confirmed by federal law enforcement that ATFE is running/allowing the running of guns into Mexico and one of their weapons was used to slay a Border Patrol agent.

Note the use of passive voice by the LA Times and the new spin "ATFE needs more money so we don't do this again".

This should get very ugly. I would anticipate (well, hope for) hearings and federal prosecutions.

Guns tracked by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found at firefight scene - latimes.com

I clicked on your link and read the article before I took note of the source. By the time I finished the article, I was thinking that the ATF didn't do anything wrong. The poor ATF is woefully underfunded and helpless because of lax gun laws. I am going to guess, after looking at the source, the writer was anti-gun because of the slant that was taken. The writer, if a anti-gun liberal, could trying to do his or her part in influencing the public into calling for more gun laws or bans.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

bastards

bastards x 2

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Note the use of passive voice

This is a neat little trick if you know how to use it. You hear it quite often during press conferences about legal/police events. I remember reading a presser by a police chief recently concerning the shooting of an individual during a drug raid. Passive voice works to remove focus from the actor and place it on another portion of the statement.

"Mr. Stamps was fatally struck by a bullet which was discharged from a SWAT officer’s rifle."

Balko has harped on this for a while.

Top Bottom