• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I didn't know where to post this, but I stopped at a local surplus store in Bloominton today that also handles reloading supplies. While I am sorting through BDU patches, a kid comes in wanting to buy powder for a school project. The owner of the shop tells him quote "if this isn't for reloading, I have to call your name into the FBI." The kid questions him about that, and he points to a paper sign above his powders which states that the FBI has requested to know who purchases powder. I am listening to this, and getting kind of unnerved. The kid thanks him, and leaves, so I ask about it. He points to the sign and says that a young, well dressed individual showed up at his shop on the 17th, complete with credentials, requesting he contact the local office on powder purchases. I am dropping a letter to the Bloomington FBI office today or tomorrow, and I am questioning this. I think that we are all, how is it, helical y wrapped around a central shaft.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What kind of school project uses gun powder? Especially in the day when a gun shaped pop-tart can result in an expulsion in some areas of the country.

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but still, now I'm curious.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What kind of school project uses gun powder?

Ummm, schools in Free America. 4th Grade Science Fair (he won and got to talk about firearms with the principal [Wayne County, Indiana]):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKo351YwRoQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Often in the gun culture "It's the law" means "I don't want to get off my stool at the gun shop".

If it is federal policy/directive/ukaz, then there is a piece of paper. FBI makes a 302 going to the bathroom or taking a smoke break. Ask for the letter.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    What kind of school project uses gun powder?

I've got to play the negative side to answer this question...

It's a project similar to those Mark Kelly has been running recently or Fatty McMoore in Bowling for Columbine.

Especially being near Bloomington I would be my :twocents: that it was a project of demonization.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Often in the gun culture "It's the law" means "I don't want to get off my stool at the gun shop".

If it is federal policy/directive/ukaz, then there is a piece of paper. FBI makes a 302 going to the bathroom or taking a smoke break. Ask for the letter.

It was either lazy or "I'm not going to have a damn thing to do with someone who mentions school and gunpowder together".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Law=the gun culture's cover for inaction, sloth, and "I don't like the looks of you".

Or, the law is used to sell guns.

*teeth over bottom lip* "Them guns will be HIGHLY illegal next week, better buy it from me now.":laugh:

Man, I've been around guns waaaayyyy too long.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Interesting as this is one of my local stops for components. Was he asking everyone who buys powder for ID, or just the kid because he mentioned it wasn't for reloading. Did the kid provide ID and allow himself to be called into the FBI? What exactly did the sign say?

If this turns out to be true, and I stop in there and he asks me for my ID to by powder, I guess I just lost one more supplier.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Some may consider this remark tin foil covered. Oh well. Perhaps since Obummer didn't get his total gun control, and since DHS has probably ran out of storage space for ammo, the next target on the list is powder to keep ammo out of the hands of the citizens. After all, a gun without ammo is just a paper weight.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I am not a conspiracy theorist (I know they are out to get me :D) but the shop owner seemed to be upset about the "request" from the bureau when I spoke with him after the kid left. BTW, he wanted the powder for some type of art project, and with his age it had to be something for I.U. The proprietor explained to him the process, and said he would probably get a visit if he bought the powder. I am really curious about this, and will try to get a letter in the mail to the Bloomington FBI office tomorrow.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, he's going to report his customers simply because he was "asked?"

Tells you something about the shop owner.

Was this Traildust Surplus?

Top Bottom