Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's a related question:

Breaded or batter-dipped?

I say, "yes."

Arni's (those with fryers) has good rings, as does Union Jack in Speedway.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Harry's Chocolate Shop in West Lafayette, IN. Sahm's in Indianapolis/Fishers has the same rings. Eddie Sahm was a cook at Harry's back in the '80's and has succesfully recreated the recipe. Thin, light crispy and just the right amount of "greasy"

Tried Sahm's o-rings Saturday night. You definitely get a basket full. Somewhat like Cheddar's, but not as meaty or flakey, & Cheddar's uses huge onions, & gives you a real good dipping sauce something like Outbacks. Much greasier. Cheddar's still numero uno IMHO so far.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Clementine's in South Haven, MI... world reknowned onion rings... served on a wood dowel... you buy them by the 6" or 12" dowel IIRC.... best onion rings I've ever had anywhere in the world...:D

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Why not just make your own? Better than 95% of what you can buy out there and its easy and cheap. All you need is:
    large sliced onion, flour, egg, beer, hot sauce, baking powder and cooking oil.
    Mix the dry ingredients. Add the beer, egg, hotsauce until you have a pancake batter consistency. Heat your oil to about 360, slice the onion, dip in batter and fry till golden brown. Now open another beer and enjoy

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    My favorite restaurant rings are at Chedders, also very fond of the Cactus Blossom at Texas Roadhouse. My recipe for rings at home is very simple. Simple egg and milk egg wash, dry mix of flour seasoned with Lawry's seasoning. Dip ring in flour mix, into egg wash, back into flour mix, into fryer. Very good flavor nice and crisp texture.

Top Bottom