Father of 9/11 Victim Fights to Have 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' Inscribed on Son

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    KENT, Conn. —

Peter Gadiel wants everyone to remember his son, James, who was killed during the September 11 terrorist attacks.
    And he also wants people to remember how he died: "Murdered by Muslim terrorists."

For Gadiel, any tribute to his son would be woefully incomplete without those words.

"I think it's important, because I think there's a nationwide effort to suppress the identity of the people who were involved in the attacks," Gadiel told Fox News.

Eight years ago, 23-year-old James Gadiel worked for Cantor Fitzgerald on the 103rd floor of the World Trade Center. He died when a hijacked plane crashed into the North Tower.

For years, Gadiel's hometown of Kent, Conn., has wanted to honor the young man with a memorial plaque next to its town hall. But the tribute has hit a snag because James' father wants to include the phrase, "Murdered by Muslim terrorists," under his son's name.

For Peter Gadiel, it is a central fact of the Sept. 11 attacks that is often left out.

"It isn't just overlooked, it's suppressed," Gadiel said. "It's simply wrong to imply that people just died. The buildings didn't just collapse, they didn't just fall down — they were attacked by people with a specific identity, a specific purpose."

Town officials call the phrase too controversial for a small town memorial, and they recently voted against erecting the plaque if Gadiel insists on the language.

"We perceive ourselves as a very warm, loving town," said Ruth Epstein, a Kent selectman and one of two town leaders to vote the plaque down. "To disparage any one ethnic group is just against everything that we stand for here."

Epstein noted that other Sept. 11 memorials, like the one at the Pentagon, don't mention Muslim terrorists, and she said she does not want to alienate any members of her small and close-knit community.

"We have at least one Muslim family living here with children and it — it would be just awful to have them see something like that," Epstein told Fox News.

But for Gadiel, it's an important message that he insists be present on any tribute to his son.

"Muslims have to acknowledge that it was their co-religionists who committed this act in their name," he said. "I am offended that unlike so many others, they refuse to acknowledge that it was their people who did this."

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    "We have at least one Muslim family living here with children and it — it would be just awful to have them see something like that," Epstein told Fox News.
    I agree, that would be pretty awful. Probably not as awful as watching ad nauseum replays of your son's office exploding after an airliner at 490 mph impacts just 40 feet below, and seeing the dust, debris and flames shooting out in every direction, and letting grief trick your mind's eye into seeing your offspring's lifeless body hurled through the smoke into a clear September sky, or worse picturing him trapped by the wall of wreckage and waiting to die, and imagining that sickening drop as the building collapsed under him. But yeah, pretty awful.

:noway:

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    i dont see what the officials see as the problem ... Murdered by Muslim terrorists... techincally its true. i do agree political correctness has gone too far. watching some terrorist kill Americans over and over on national tv is ok while having the one word on a memorial is wrong? being racial? its not saying all muslims did it... just the very radical ones. the ones we are at war with. i dont get it.

its history. we should not try to hide what already has happen.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I agree, that would be pretty awful. Probably not as awful as watching ad nauseum replays of your son's office exploding after an airliner at 490 mph impacts just 40 feet below, and seeing the dust, debris and flames shooting out in every direction, and letting grief trick your mind's eye into seeing your offspring's lifeless body hurled through the smoke into a clear September sky, or worse picturing him trapped by the wall of wreckage and waiting to die, and imagining that sickening drop as the building collapsed under him. But yeah, pretty awful.

:noway:

WOW!

That is one hell of a perspective. Thought provoking and well written.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    prayers for peace and healing for this family and prayers for this country to never forget. I support the father 100% it should never be lost on anyone who these murdering scum are

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ

Maybe the children of that Muslim family will ask some questions and realize what a bunch of heartless, soulless scumbags *some* people can be when the get off track.

I'm a Christian and it would not offend me if they were Radical Christian Terrorists that did it and they put it on the plaque. What is wrong with people?! Leaving the identity of the murderers off is just one more way we can keep real individualism from developing in the Muslim faith and every other.

Collectivists. THEY ARE THE ENEMY!

-NR

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I hope the father wins. That way, at every location where American Indians were killed, we (those of us with American Indian blood) can put up a plaque that says: "Our fathers/mothers/sons/and daughters murdered by Christian terrorist."

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I hope the father wins. That way, at every location where American Indians were killed, we (those of us with American Indian blood) can put up a plaque that says: "Our fathers/mothers/sons/and daughters murdered by Christian terrorist."
    You could do that, but it would not be the same. It has to do with the "flag" the attackers were under. In the case of Native Americans, the aggressive party was united under the banner of their country and performed callous acts through ignorance combined with a desire to colonize new lands. Their primary bond was their country, and their primary mission was acquisition. A plaque saying your ancestors were murdered by American expansionists, or American colonists, or some such would be fairly accurate and I really couldn't take much issue with it.

In the case of 9/11, the attackers were not united under the cause of any polity or region or race. They united under the flag of radical Islam for the purpose of causing terror attacks against the U.S. Therefore, since their primary bond was religion, and their primary mission was disruption through terrorism, calling them Muslim terrorists is perfectly accurate.

Top Bottom