• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I wonder if this would fall under the "domestic enemies" phrase that the Founding Fathers referenced? A government so large that it wants to regulate farm dust? I would love to hear a Liberal explain their version of what constitutes tyranny and oppression and if this would fall into that category!

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgiV85UV7SI[/ame]

I was cleaning dust out of my ears, eyes, nose and mouth for a week after this. :laugh:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wonder if this would fall under the "domestic enemies" phrase that the Founding Fathers referenced? A government so large that it wants to regulate farm dust? I would love to hear a Liberal explain their version of what constitutes tyranny and oppression and if this would fall into that category!

I think that depends on who's president at the time. Right now? No, it would not constitute oppression. They're simply guaranteeing everybody's right to breathe clean air.

If Bush was in office? OH MY GOD! THIS IS MORE GEORGE HITLER BUSH TYRANNY! HE'S PUTTING SMALL FARMERS OUT OF BUSINESS TO PROTECT HIS BIG AGRO FRIENDS! IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think that depends on who's president at the time. Right now? No, it would not constitute oppression. They're simply guaranteeing everybody's right to breathe clean air.

If Bush was in office? OH MY GOD! THIS IS MORE GEORGE HITLER BUSH TYRANNY! HE'S PUTTING SMALL FARMERS OUT OF BUSINESS TO PROTECT HIS BIG AGRO FRIENDS! IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH!

Democrats & Republicans both prop up Big Business at the expense of small business.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think it's time for every demographic that has been terrorized by big government to crackdown on big government. I've been doing it for quite a few years now, but with little success. There just aren't enough people who give a **** to put a little thought into voting. I know that's not the be all, end all solution, but it would certainly get things going in the right direction. Then again, you have to figure for every idiotic government scheme, there are millions of idiotic voters who don't know any better than to support it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This has been happening for a while in some places. I know in Las Vegas the construction industry is regulated regarding excessive dust on worksites. The county has people go out and do surveillance on construction sites to look for violations. It sounds like the EPA is taking it to new areas.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If there is a practical way to control dust from fields, I am all for it, but what are farmers supposed to do? Rain dances in the fields during every drought? Any steps that limit dust that come to mind would only increase time, energy and fuel involved in crop production, thus raising cost to the consumer. Not to mention all the restrictions on watering lawns when the dry season comes through. How can the government think it is OK to water millions of acres of farm land when watering a few lawns in the cities will deplete the water reserves? Dust/dirt is just a fact of life. If a person isnt smart enough to pull off the road when visibility becomes an issue, perhaps they are only tempting fate. Desert dwellers deal with dust storms every year, and stopping and shutting off your car is just common knowledge.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    My Brother has dealt directly with the current head of the EPA. No he is not a govt employee, he is employed by a for profit corp.

All I can say is in 2012,

"have courage to remake the world as it should be."
    - Obama speech, Jan. 3, 2008

vote for comprehensive change.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Fugitive dust has been an EPA routine since the 80's. It used to be mainly for fly ash and other somewhat hazardous substances although there was a push to pave parking lots and roads (not public areas, of course) to keep dust down. But Government agencies, if successful at one thing must find another or face extinction. We all know how rare their going out of business sales are....

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    We in the construction industry have been enduring these regulations for years. It is nothing new, just a new industry with the same rules.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I didn't know that. How do they deal with dust on construction sites with the graders and backhoes?

Spray water on the site to keep down the dust. It costs hundreds and thousands of dollars to keep down the dust on large construction sites.

We spend thousands of dollars on silt fencing, hay bales, permits, inspections, temporary vegetative erosion control, erosion control blankets, etc...

The difference in this article and my experience is - we used to spray water to keep the dust off of neighboring cars. These guys are actually calling dust something I have never heard it called - pollution.

Top Bottom