• ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Do you own any Family Heirlooms?
    I have one, it is a H&R Young American revolver in .32 short.
    My grandfather owned a barber shop in Chicago in the 20's and kept it in the shop. When he passed, my dads stepfather had it then it passed to my dad then to me.

picture.php

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    My dad is handicapped and can no longer shoot, or carry any of his firearms. So, he decided to hand down all of his riffles and hand guns. One of my prized possessions is a Taurus 357 that my grandfather used as his side arm when he was a town cop of Rocky Ripple, on the northside of Indy. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

:draw:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've got a rifle that belonged at different times to my dad and my favorite uncle.
    It's pretty special to me. It'll be MiniJet's, and I'm sure she'll pass it down to her kids.

IMG_0983.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My dad sold his old .22 rifle :( It was the one he hunted squirrels and rabbits with when he was a teen.

I have my uncle's Rossi revolver. Nothing fancy. It is just what he used to carry when backpacking. He still has my grandfather's (his dad's) shotguns and rifles, and I will likely end up with them.

My father-in-law has some OLD rifles of some sort. He knows I get dibs when he wants to let them go (I married his only child). They were his father's and grandfather's, and date at least back to the early 1900's, if not late 1800's.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I have my deceased father's Taurus 1911. He was an old Tool & Die Maker. He knew how to work metal. He took that matte stainless steel finish and worked it up to quite a shine, and smoothed out the edges. She's a beauty. (Sorry - these pics are from my cell phone!)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I have a Winchester Model 12. A sweet 20 guage my uncle used as his phesant gun when he was young. Also a Winchester 1890 in 22 short. My uncle passed away 8 months before I was born. When he died, they went to my Dad, and when Dad passed, they came to me. Niether gun is of much monetary value, as serial numbers on the 12 don't match and the rifling has nearly been shot out of the 22. Both are invaluable to me though.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have several passed down to me. All the way from a WW Greener 10 gauge to an old wards TEXAS RANGER single shot 12 gauge. Of course I have all the guns my dad and grandfather bought and gave to me. I would sell the Greener, but not any of the others.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have my great grandfathers 16 gauge sidexside... he never realized it wasnt meant to shoot 2 3/4 inch shells LOL its a bit wobbly...also his 1930s winchester .22 and an old LC Smith that was my father in laws.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I have several hierlooms, Mossberg 500a, Remington model 74, Savage 16ga o/u, 1918 Stevens Favorite and a few others. But the one that means the most and I would never part with, my dads Colt 1911 that he carried in Vietnam. It was made in 1943 and the numbers on the frame match the slide. That's the gun that started me collecting Colts, its cost me a lot of $$

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Someday, I'll have a Stevens .22lr Youth single shot that belonged to my Great Grandfather. It has his initials carved into the stock, and a S&W .38 Police Special (the first pistol I ever shot)
    I will happily wait for possession of them, however, as that would mean my Dad would no longer be with us. Family is more important to me than family heirlooms :)

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I have my grandfather's 19teens LC Smith side by side; we'll see who gets it next. :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My dad has the Rifle that my great, great, great grandfather used in the civil war. My uncle has his officer's revolver.

He has a Steven's Favorite Model .32 rimfire that is pretty old.

He also has his dad's Remington .22 rifle. I'm not sure of the model or how old it is, but I know it doesn't have a serial number on it. It's still in pretty good shape too.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I have a 6" S&W revolver in 32-20 that was my Grandfather's duty gun when he was county sheriff and his Savage 32ACP pistol that he carried as an ISP detective. I have a Remington model 31 .22 cal rifle that was my mom's when she was a girl. I also have a Beretta 25ACP pistol that my dad acquired from an Italian army officer who no longer had need of it.;)

Methos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My heirloom gun is an H & R Deluxe Topper M488.410 . It belonged to my grandfather, was passed to my mom, who passed it to me a couple years ago on the condition that I keep it and pass it to my son.

HR.jpg

Also, recently was handed my mom's old H&R Pioneer .22 rifle on the same condition that it gets passed on down the line. No pictures of it yet.

hoosierken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe not an heirloom exactly but I do still have my dad's Marlin model 60. Seems like they made millions of them. Still shoot pretty good. No real value except the memories it brings back. Probably end up giving it to my son or a grandson with plenty of stories attached.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    From my paternal grandfather, I've received a 1912-built Winchester m1897 "takedown" 12ga, an 1885-ish-made Belgian origin 12ga SxS shotgun (Geo Fisher brand?), and a Mossberg 185D bolt-action, magazine-fed 20ga shotgun (Produced between '48 & '64).

But, since it wasn't until 1968, with that year's Gun Control Act, that serial numbers were mandated on firearms, I'll never know exactly what year the 185 was made.

In the "relatively" near future, I'll also inherit a Browning BL-22 and a 2" stainless Ruger GP-100 from my dad.

From my step dad I'll probably get a G19, a Marlin 30-30, and 2-3 various .22 rifles (1 is a 10/22, I do know that) and a few random shotguns. That shouldn't be for a LONG time, though.

-J-

Top Bottom