Kokomo

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For all of us old people, there is a new eye drop available by prescription that allows you to read without reading glasses called Vuity. It's pretty nice to be able to focus without glasses. One drop per eye lasts 6-10 hours.

If this stuff works and my eye doc would approve, this would be a game changer for me! Heck I could go back to iron sights! I wouldn't even use it all the time. I'm okay sitting at my computer with readers on, but at the range? Heck yeah!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    • Temporary problems when changing focus between near and distant objects may occur. Do not drive or use machinery if vision is not clear.
    I'd like to try this, though.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I just started some multifocal contact lenses. I've never needed vision correction before, but being in my late 40s now requires reading glasses. I'm on day 6 of these and I think my eyes have adjusted. It's made a huge difference. I don't need reading glasses. It took a couple different trial sets of contacts before these.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    • Temporary problems when changing focus between near and distant objects may occur. Do not drive or use machinery if vision is not clear.
    I'd like to try this, though.
    My wife has been using them for a week and hasn't had a single issue or complaint. Not saying that it's not possible...

Today is my first day trying them. The drops sting a little when you first put them in. I haven't had any issue, but I've noticed everything is sharper and colors are more pronounced.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just started some multifocal contact lenses. I've never needed vision correction before, but being in my late 40s now requires reading glasses. I'm on day 6 of these and I think my eyes have adjusted. It's made a huge difference. I don't need reading glasses. It took a couple different trial sets of contacts before these.
    I tried those. I just couldn't get them to work for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife has been using them for a week and hasn't had a single issue or complaint. Not saying that it's not possible...

Today is my first day trying them. The drops sting a little when you first put them in. I haven't had any issue, but I've noticed everything is sharper and colors are more pronounced.
    Keep us posted if you don't mind. I am particularly interested in knowing if the front sight on a handgun gets clearer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Assuming you guinea pigs don't have any issues, I'd love to try these.

Got a rough guestimate of what the overall costs of this is, for a sole without vision coverage on their health insurance?

Maybe there is a drop for memory also? Seems as if I looked into this stuff when it first came out and decided that the readers were the way for me, considering cost?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you sir!

Yeah, these readers are a PIA, but they are just fine. Three dollars a day... :xmad:
    I was hoping it was something you could just pop in when you wanted it. But the drops probably don't have long enough shelf life for occasional use.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Assuming you guinea pigs don't have any issues, I'd love to try these.

Got a rough guestimate of what the overall costs of this is, for a sole without vision coverage on their health insurance?

Maybe there is a drop for memory also? Seems as if I looked into this stuff when it first came out and decided that the readers were the way for me, considering cost?
    i wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't be covered anyway...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was hoping it was something you could just pop in when you wanted it. But the drops probably don't have long enough shelf life for occasional use.

That also brings up the interesting situation with driving. I can't drive with the readers on as long distance vision is bad/dangerous.

I darn near had to have the readers on to pass the vision test for driver's license. It would be a danger to require the readers on for diving though. BMV had no answers to the problem.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I tried for quite a while, with different ones, just couldn't get the right balance of reading and regular vision.

Top Bottom