• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Excellent read.... especially from Seattle....

Not just an act of self-defense or an act in defense of civilization, but an act of civilization.
    This is true for men and it is even more true for women. For a woman to bear personal arms means that she will not be deprived of her legal rights: to go any lawful place she pleases at any time; to be free in her body, meaning that she need not be defenseless against assailants; to live. And it means that the uncivilized, those who would deprive her of life and the liberties of a free citizen, including freedom from unwanted sexual contact, do so at absolute risk to their lives.

Complete article...
    Women, Handguns and Civilization

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    PHP:
    A handgun is not magic.
    That was a good read, Jay. I really loved the quoted line. I know a few men and women who own guns but have never fired them, let alone take a class or have someone show them how to shoot. It is a false source of protection if you don't know how to use it.

Last edited:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    It's been my experience that women are by far, the largest part of my classes.... by about 75%. It's good to see, from a defensive standpoint, but more and more of them have joined the club and have become avid recreational shooters..... hooray for them... :rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    PHP:
    A handgun is not magic.
    It is a false source of protection if you don't know how to use it.

Or are not willing to use it.
    I know a few people who have talked about getting a firearm, but I question their resolve.
    A firearm, in my opinion, can make a situation MUCH worse, if a person were to brandish a firearm, and not be ready to follow through. :twocents:

Top Bottom