• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It seems like back in the day, there was another sports network in addition to ESPN. In fact, it seems like ESPN was the "cheap knockoff" network. For the life of me, I can't remember what the other network was, though. It's extremely possible that I'm just imagining it but it's been driving me nuts all day. Anyone know what it might be?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    SportsChannel?

SportsChannel.JPG

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I remember it being at least as big as ESPN. ESPN was the newcomer. If you guys can't remember it either, then I'm obviously confusing it with something else entirely.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    When ESPN started, the only 2 major sports players were the USA Network on cable and ABC's Wide World of Sports on broadcast. When ESPN started, USA Network was a much bigger sports network and dominated most coverage (not known for sports today, USA was almost entirely sports at that time.) It's probably the one of which you're thinking.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I remember it being at least as big as ESPN. ESPN was the newcomer. If you guys can't remember it either, then I'm obviously confusing it with something else entirely.

How long ago? ESPN has been around well before I was born and I don't remember any sports networks anywhere even close to as big as it.

Top Bottom