• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    If anyone is in the market for an entry level safe, this is about as good of a deal as I have seen, recently.

Currently at Menards.

20211213_101743.jpg 20211213_101754.jpg

Attachments

• 20211213_101802.jpg
      20211213_101802.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 19
    • 20211213_101807.jpg
      20211213_101807.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 19

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    They also have a mail-in-rebate for $50 with it this week making it $499. I'm buying one tomorrow.
    Hate to throw cold water on your plans. But speaking from experience Save your self the hard earned cash.

What you would be buying is a false sense of security! Ask me how I know.

unless you are going to spend the cash on a real safe please look into alternatives there are a lot of far better choices out there.

Good luck

jwcarter2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Hate to throw cold water on your plans. But speaking from experience Save your self the hard earned cash.

What you would be buying is a false sense of security! Ask me how I know.

unless you are going to spend the cash on a real safe please look into alternatives there are a lot of far better choices out there.

Good luck
    Any suggestions? I'm just needing a fire proof safe to keep inportant stuff in and can keep kids away from the guns. I'm not to concerned with somebody breaking in and stealing anything that is inside of the safe.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    after buying a Winchester Safe from TSC yeah wish I would have done my research. Not trying to be sarcastic at all, but honestly you would be better served in the fire protection department by making sure all your smoke detectors are up to date. We have recently replaced all of ours with a 10 year battery back up and strobe lights.

That way you should have adequate notice if you are at home, additionally make sure you HO policy adequately covers your firearms.

With out knowing the quantity and type arms you need to store? I can offer a few ideas which may or may not suit your needs?

I know this is going to sound like a crazy idea, but my wife is a teacher and when the middle school was looking to get new school lockers we took two of them for free. I modified (removed some of the shelf’s ) now we can store 6 to 8 long guns ammo in them with out issue, they are heavy as all get out, and would take more than a few minutes to move.

Another idea would be a job box from one of the big box stores, more than enough to keep unauthorized people out. Plus heavy enough so that it’s not easily moved and often can be bolted to the floor.

Good luck

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    No safe is a be all, do all solution. Whatever price point you buy one at, it should be integrated into a multi level security plan.
    These lighter safes should be placed somewhere that is not in an easy access area/ out of sight as much as possible. Secure the damn thing to the floor and/or wall studs with lag bolts and heavy washers. Try to place the safe so that someone doesn't have pry access to the opening side of the door by putting that side next to a wall, if at all possible. Place them in a closet or other close quarter area to make it more difficult for someone to have room to work on gaining access.

You should always layer your home security in as many layers as you can. Cameras, lighting, dog, motion sensors, and the number one deterent, not letting every Joe and his brother know what you have, valuable wise. Many thefts are perpetrated by someone that the person knows.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    No safe is a be all, do all solution. Whatever price point you buy one at, it should be integrated into a multi level security plan.
    These lighter safes should be placed somewhere that is not in an easy access area/ out of sight as much as possible. Secure the damn thing to the floor and/or wall studs with lag bolts and heavy washers. Try to place the safe so that someone doesn't have pry access to the opening side of the door by putting that side next to a wall, if at all possible. Place them in a closet or other close quarter area to make it more difficult for someone to have room to work on gaining access.

You should always layer your home security in as many layers as you can. Cameras, lighting, dog, motion sensors, and the number one deterent, not letting every Joe and his brother know what you have, valuable wise. Many thefts are perpetrated by someone that the person knows.
    Would also recommend a Great Pyrenees. We kept one from a litter for a companion in the house. Uninvited people are going to have a real problem real fast. Lots of good points made above. Sometimes secured concealment is a better option than a safe that is a pos.

jwcarter2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Bloomington, IN

Agreed, we have 6 security cameras and a Pit. Like I said before, I'm not as worried about somebody breaking in as much as I am worried about my daughter's friends, neices, and nephews getting ahold of one of the guns. I went with a safe vs cabinet because we also wanted to protect important papers that are hard to replace incase of a house fire.

Top Bottom