• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Some of our forefathers were for Democracy...I believe Thomas Jefferson was one, but later in life changed his mind for a Republic, which many of our forefathers were always for...

"Remeber democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, an murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams 1814

Theres always on the news some (D) proclaiming we are a Democracy, ...an so far no (R), (I), or (L) that I have seen correcting them...sad fact is we have become a Democracy an thats why we may very well die as a nation from suicide...if things don't change.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I hope and pray for the end of "democracy", its a tyrannical system that is designed to sway the masses to over run the minority when manipulated by power hungry sociopaths. I'll stick with a republic.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Actually we would be better off as a democracy. As as a republic we vote politicians into office. There job is to read and interpret bills that are on the works. That way we can make informed decisions and sway who we vote for. They are supposed to listen to us and be our voice. If enough Americans tell them that we are for or against a certain bill. Then they are supposed to vote in that direction. Obviously, that has failed because they can not be trusted. In a democracy, there are not elected officials. It's up to the citizens to read and interpret bills that are in the works.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Actually we would be better off as a democracy. As as a republic we vote politicians into office. There job is to read and interpret bills that are on the works. That way we can make informed decisions and sway who we vote for. They are supposed to listen to us and be our voice. If enough Americans tell them that we are for or against a certain bill. Then they are supposed to vote in that direction. Obviously, that has failed because they can not be trusted. In a democracy, there are not elected officials. It's up to the citizens to read and interpret bills that are in the works.

Democracies lead to tyranny. People don't read about their representatives right now, what makes you think they would read the legislation? People are predictable, they will vote for whoever promises them free money.

Top Bottom