EDP's attack car with father and childern inside.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Honestly, that one dude blocking the car would have only left a smug on my pushbumper. The end. :dunno:

Driver needs to focus on being the driver and let the kids call 911. Not really a great time to multitask. I counted at least 3 times that I would have made shots but only if my car had stalled or been blocked by a truck or something.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As a driver you always need a place to go should things start to go bad. If you see even potential blocks in the road coming, you have to have a plan for where to go. Never get boxed in.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As a driver you always need a place to go should things start to go bad. If you see even potential blocks in the road coming, you have to have a plan for where to go. Never get boxed in.

Exactly. I had "Friends" in CA that used to teach defensive driving for big money. Cops, limo drivers, armored car guys, etc... (they almost flipped a limo when I was there watching once) They taught the 11 and 3 position, (great for stick anyway) always back into a parking spot, circle the lot before parking anywhere, lose your tale before going home and leave enough room in the front for escape. Hard to do in L.A. traffic though, you leave an inch and someone will pull right in there.

My thing was to try having vehicles that could run up and down curbs without too much damage. That and knowing how to in most situations. Some people didn't like driving with me because I would practice at a moments notice. My dad loved it. Mom? Uh no. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Might as well relock it. The video has moved over to the subscriber side. I know I learned a few things. :rockwoot::ingo:

I'll second this. At this point if you havent viewed the video, participation is irrelevant. And pretty much everything positive that could be said has been said.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Nah just keep it real man.....:):

A car is as lethal a weapon as any in some situations. And most everyone is armed with one. I will not be blocked in. Especially with the little ones. Ever. Do not impede my progress. I have no idea what you intend. I will lay you out one way or the other. Period.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...A car is as lethal a weapon as any in some situations. And most everyone is armed with one. I will not be blocked in. Especially with the little ones. Ever. Do not impede my progress. I have no idea what you intend. I will lay you out one way or the other. Period.

This is agreed. A consideration for how to handle such situations might be looked at though. The driver in the vid was right up on the crazy person with the shopping cart, engaging and enraging them with rude profanity.

The crazy's in the vid were very understanding that they had little to lose (including their lives) by intimidating the driver with family in the car.

Part of what the ambulance chaser was pointing out is that you could win this battle and lose the war. The risk of running over one or some of those nut jobs may not be apparent at the time. Two years later in court you are the bad guy who ran over mentally challenged people. Mentally challenged people with families who will take whatever the attorneys, judge and jury will give them for their loss that "was caused" by you.

The judge/jury could well give the nut job's family everything you have worked so hard to give your precious family.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is agreed. A consideration for how to handle such situations might be looked at though. The driver in the vid was right up on the crazy person with the shopping cart, engaging and enraging them with rude profanity.

The crazy's in the vid were very understanding that they had little to lose (including their lives) by intimidating the driver with family in the car.

Part of what the ambulance chaser was pointing out is that you could win this battle and lose the war. The risk of running over one or some of those nut jobs may not be apparent at the time. Two years later in court you are the bad guy who ran over mentally challenged people. Mentally challenged people with families who will take whatever the attorneys, judge and jury will give them for their loss that "was caused" by you.

The judge/jury could well give the nut job's family everything you have worked so hard to give your precious family.

yep and that’s why Armchair quarterbacking is a waste unless one figures the scenario will ever play out as exactly as presented.

Fundamentals in shooting, tactics and common sense first before dreaming of John Wick Videos.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are plenty of avoidance techniques, if one will open their mind to training for them. There is plenty of instruction out there on situational awareness and seeing problems in advance to avoid them all together.

Shooting your way out of every potential threatening situation is a way to win now only to lose tomorrow in jail or the poor house.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    yep and that’s why Armchair quarterbacking is a waste unless one figures the scenario will ever play out as exactly as presented.

Fundamentals in shooting, tactics and common sense first before dreaming of John Wick Videos.

It has been said a good man learns from his mistakes. But a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

It has also been said that if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.

You mention tactics....Let's review the definition...."an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end."

You can't have tactics without planning. Proper planning will include the reviews of past failures to ensure those failures are not repeated.

If you armchair quarterback and don't understand the reasoning for the actions, then it may not be helpful. But if you review the past, understanding the reasoning behind actions, now you have the knowledge to adapt and overcome when a different situation presents itself.

If you study our best war fighters, our best law enforcement, you will find a common theme. Contrary to popular belief, they are not the best at everything. They are just good at many things and they can adapt and overcome when faced with unforeseen circumstances. They are able to do this by understanding not just what is done, but why it is done. It is their intelligence combined with their tenacity that helps them to overcome. Not that they have the best split times or are can shoot the smallest groups at 2,000 yards. They are able to figure things out on the fly because they understand not just where the moving pieces are, but how they all interact and why they are doing what they are doing.

With all your boasting about your great skills,expertise, and superior training....I find it quite revealing that you denigrate the simple concept that reviewing the past can present useful information for the future.

The military, sports teams, law enforcement, and most industries have found for hundreds of years now that evaluating past performance can help to improve future results. Again, reference the first 2 statements above.

But I do have two questions for you. How does reviewing this video equate to dreaming of John Wick type of actions? I did not see any firearms used. I did not see any firearm tactics used. I did not see any martial arts used. I don't see the correlation. Where you thinking of using those types of actions on people if your vehicle was surrounded?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Food for thought-

Empty your cup so that it may be filled.

If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.

Perfect practice make perfect.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Food for thought-

Empty your cup so that it may be filled.

If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinion for or against.

Perfect practice make perfect.

Stellar.

Lets put it this way. Do not get "Stuck" in a course of action. Like water we must flow with what is happening around us. I think the late great Bruce Lee said something to this effect.

Use your head. Do not loose it. Easier said than done.

Some folks train very hard but if and when the training comes into play they use from it what is needed at the time. Fluid.
    I used to hate doing drills in self defense classes. Set groups of movements that are regimental. But once learned they are ingrained. There is no set path so using from these drills/training what is needed at that moment is the key to surviving that moment. A very wise man taught me this. And he was correct.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It has been said a good man learns from his mistakes. But a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

It has also been said that if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it.

You mention tactics....Let's review the definition...."an action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end."

You can't have tactics without planning. Proper planning will include the reviews of past failures to ensure those failures are not repeated.

If you armchair quarterback and don't understand the reasoning for the actions, then it may not be helpful. But if you review the past, understanding the reasoning behind actions, now you have the knowledge to adapt and overcome when a different situation presents itself.

If you study our best war fighters, our best law enforcement, you will find a common theme. Contrary to popular belief, they are not the best at everything. They are just good at many things and they can adapt and overcome when faced with unforeseen circumstances. They are able to do this by understanding not just what is done, but why it is done. It is their intelligence combined with their tenacity that helps them to overcome. Not that they have the best split times or are can shoot the smallest groups at 2,000 yards. They are able to figure things out on the fly because they understand not just where the moving pieces are, but how they all interact and why they are doing what they are doing.

With all your boasting about your great skills,expertise, and superior training....I find it quite revealing that you denigrate the simple concept that reviewing the past can present useful information for the future.

The military, sports teams, law enforcement, and most industries have found for hundreds of years now that evaluating past performance can help to improve future results. Again, reference the first 2 statements above.

But I do have two questions for you. How does reviewing this video equate to dreaming of John Wick type of actions? I did not see any firearms used. I did not see any firearm tactics used. I did not see any martial arts used. I don't see the correlation. Where you thinking of using those types of actions on people if your vehicle was surrounded?

sarcasm noted. Not sure why having different viewpoints makes one of us wrong. None of your examples are about the people putting SBT (Scenario Based Training)or History Studies BEFORE being an skilled or safe shooter. There have been more than a few cases where I have witnessed the inclusion of marketing, Hollywood or just misguided information that a gun owner brings to the line that he can not pass a very basic shooting evaluation. To me and my strong opinion only I feel this needs to be improved. Someone said it earlier... with power comes responsibility. I stand by my progressive steps. Ability Driven is what I am all about.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I'll ask again Jim. How would you have shot your way out of the situation in the video?

and again not enough information and circumstance for me to guess my demeanor at the time. Many that say shoulda coulda woulda would just soil their pants anyway.. or is there a tactical way to do that...depends.

Top Bottom