• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Recently I've noticed that a lot of my thinner shirts have holes near where I carry my knife. I have it in my pocket, clipped on the outside. Not sure if it is the clip or the knife doing the damage. Seems worse recently, but I am probably wearing more thin, lightweight shirts now that it is warm out.
    Thoughts?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Recently I've noticed that a lot of my thinner shirts have holes near where I carry my knife. I have it in my pocket, clipped on the outside. Not sure if it is the clip or the knife doing the damage. Seems worse recently, but I am probably wearing more thin, lightweight shirts now that it is warm out.
    Thoughts?

How about clipping on the inside of the pocket so it can support some of the weight? I've carried a Spyderco Native clipped inside of my tshirt pocket for several years without issues.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Is there a rough edge on the clip where it's causing the fabric of the shirts to snag? Or is the shirt just getting caught on the clip and tearing a hole?

1660ol_slide3.jpg

Part of that problem may be the "pointy" end of that clip. Pop's Custom Clips offers three different "low rider" (helps knife ride a little lower in the pocket) style clips of varying profiles that might prove a little more shirt-friendly for $22 each.

Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PopsCustomClips/items?search_query=Leek

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    How about clipping on the inside of the pocket so it can support some of the weight? I've carried a Spyderco Native clipped inside of my tshirt pocket for several years without issues.

The knife is on the inside of my right front pocket, the clip is only on the outside.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Is there a rough edge on the clip where it's causing the fabric of the shirts to snag? Or is the shirt just getting caught on the clip and tearing a hole?

1660ol_slide3.jpg

Part of that problem may be the "pointy" end of that clip. Pop's Custom Clips offers three different "low rider" (helps knife ride a little lower in the pocket) style clips of varying profiles that might prove a little more shirt-friendly for $22 each.

Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PopsCustomClips/items?search_query=Leek

I don't feel any rough or sharp edges on the clip. The knife is in my pocket, pointy side up. I wonder if it is possible that my shirt is getting into the blade somehow? This way of carrying works best for me, i can pull the knife quickest from that position. But I hate getting holes in my good shirts! I don't tuck my shirts in, i like to wear them loose.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Leeks are pretty potent assisted openers... It's unlikely that the knife is wearing through your shirt unless it's super tight. It would be more likely that you're catching the shirt along with your pants when you clip the knife back in your pocket.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Leeks are pretty potent assisted openers... It's unlikely that the knife is wearing through your shirt unless it's super tight. It would be more likely that you're catching the shirt along with your pants when you clip the knife back in your pocket.

I don't have the figure for tight shirts anymore. I'll have to pay closer attention when I'm clipping it in my pocket, and see if that's the problem.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry but I had to do it!

Caller you need to close the knife before putting it back in to your pocket.

"Gegh Mr. Odvious I never made the connection":laugh::stickpoke:

Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there.

Top Bottom