• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well I managed to pick up one of these revolvers and so far so good. it shoots really well although I need a little more practice shooting a revolver vs my semi auto pistols. The finish is not great at all, but kind of expected for the price point. Functionality was 100% after a little over 100rds of mixed 38spl & 357mag and shot very straight, the weight of the pistol kept recoil in check even shooting the 357mag loads. Overall I'm pretty happy with it for the money spent I think its a pretty good deal honestly for someone looking for an entry level wheel gun and don't want to spend a lot to get one. This will be a long term test gun for the channel I think to see how well it holds up, so far all expectations are above par..

EAA_357mag.jpg

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I almost bought one of these a couple years back. If I remember correctly they have a 2" barrel & a 4" barrel. It looks like your pic you got the 4" barrel. I heard that the 2" barrel actually has the rougher finish because what I was told is that they actually cut off 2" from the 4" barrel to make the 2" and the end is rough. Not sure if that is true but that is what the person at the counter said. I have only seen the 4" barrel in person but have not seen the 2" to verify it's quality. A friend of mine has the Taurus .357 and that's probably what I will get when I quit buying other guns.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I almost bought one of these a couple years back. If I remember correctly they have a 2" barrel & a 4" barrel. It looks like your pic you got the 4" barrel. I heard that the 2" barrel actually has the rougher finish because what I was told is that they actually cut off 2" from the 4" barrel to make the 2" and the end is rough. Not sure if that is true but that is what the person at the counter said. I have only seen the 4" barrel in person but have not seen the 2" to verify it's quality. A friend of mine has the Taurus .357 and that's probably what I will get when I quit buying other guns.

Yea they do make a 2" also, the shop I got mine at had one of the stainless 2" models but not a blued. Yea I haven't heard about that I know the stainless one had a pretty nice finish on it, just this one the bluing is very cheap looking, but I knew that going into it so not big deal really for the price. My main concern was that it performed well and so far it has. Ill probably end up duracoating it after I do the initial review of it for my channel. Over all I'm very happy with it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I managed to pick up one of these revolvers and so far so good. it shoots really well although I need a little more practice shooting a revolver vs my semi auto pistols. The finish is not great at all, but kind of expected for the price point. Functionality was 100% after a little over 100rds of mixed 38spl & 357mag and shot very straight, the weight of the pistol kept recoil in check even shooting the 357mag loads. Overall I'm pretty happy with it for the money spent I think its a pretty good deal honestly for someone looking for an entry level wheel gun and don't want to spend a lot to get one. This will be a long term test gun for the channel I think to see how well it holds up, so far all expectations are above par..

EAA_357mag.jpg

Any more updates on how you like this revolver?

I just seen one for $313

1707309491665.png

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My wife's uncle has one of these in .38. He brought it last time he came out to visit and I took him to the range. He has a number of budget revolvers, and last time he brought a Taurus 66 as well.

Shooting the two side by side was interesting. The EAA has a rougher finish and the .38 version is made of some kind of alloy that feels like pot metal and isn't really confidence inspiring (I think the .357 is steel). The crane pivot is recessed into the frame kind of like a Charter Arms, which while not elegant is actually a pretty robust design. The trigger is pretty gritty and heavy, and the action is rough. I imagine it could be cleaned up somewhat by somebody willing to tear into it, which wouldn't be too intimidating at this price point. The gun ran fine, produced solid and consistent primer strikes, and didn't have any hitches or timing issues. Accuracy was acceptable at 7-10 yards, but I didn't really try stretching it out.

The Taurus felt far more robust in the hand. It's made of steel, and if I'm honest if I closed my eyes I wouldn't be able to differentiate the balance and heft from one of my Smiths. The trigger on the Taurus was a little heavier and grittier than my "good" Smith triggers, but better than some of the "bad" ones I've shot. It was accurate and everything seemed to lock up properly. The only thing I didn't like about it was the narrow backstrap on the grips, but that could be resolved through a simple grip change. Hogues are cheap, and would be right at home on this gun.

They're not my guns, and her uncle lives in PA and we only see him once a year, so I don't have any way to say how well they will hold up over time and round count. Improper heat treatment and sub-par materials don't necessarily manifest themselves right away, but they can be murder on a revolver that's dependent upon near-perfect tolerances to stay in time. That said, both guns shot fine, and either would satisfy the needs of a casual gun owner. I personally wouldn't trade a S&W for either one, but they're also not built to the same price point. I'd take the Taurus over the EAA, and actually liked it enough to put them back on my radar after years of swearing them off. In two or three years if he hasn't shot his loose, I may consider trying one again.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Any more updates on how you like this revolver?

I just seen one for $313

View attachment 331223
    If you dont mind the weight its one of the best budget minded revolvers out there that Ive had the ability to get my hands on for long term testing. I couldnt even say how many rounds I have through it. granted most have been with 38 but there have been well over 200rds of 357mag.

Top Bottom